Activity 3: Formative Assessment
- Often people go out of their way to put the common good ahead of their own. This kind of responsible citizenship is called:
- Self rule
- Civic virtue
- Self sufficiency
- Freedom of expression
- All of the following are ways that countries can demonstrate that they have a responsibility to support the welfare and rights of others except:
- Signing treaties that show that they respect the rights of other countries
- Providing humanitarian aid in times of crisis
- Going to war to defend the rights of people who are oppressed
- Raising tariffs to ensure the country makes a profit on goods shipped to other countries.
- How would show respect for someone else’s right to practice the following rights? Use a specific example to support your response.
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom of assembly
- Why was it necessary for the thirteen colonies to go to war when their rights were not respected?