The Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) promotes the use of current and emerging technologies through initiatives and partnerships that expand opportunities for learning beyond the boundaries of the school and classroom.
The Guiding Principles used in developing the S11 – Digital Education Position Statement and approved by the Nebraska State Board of Education include:
- Ensure a student-centered approach that incorporates personalized learning to foster deeper learning competencies and greater skill development
- Support a dynamic vision that drives change through proactive leadership to support learning
- Build connections amongst stakeholders to take action in support of success for all learners
- Provide all Nebraskans significant opportunity to receive fair, equitable, and high quality education and services to close achievement gaps
- Allow all learners to achieve their fullest potential in transitioning through phases of school and into civic life
- Ensure all educators are effectively using instructional strategies and monitoring student progress using multiple measures of proficiency
- Prepare all learners to be college, career, and civic ready
Using these guiding principles, the Nebraska Department of Education believes that digital education and related supports must provide quality-learning opportunities for all Nebraska students and that Nebraska schools are Ready for the Future (Future Ready).