Printable Student View
- Why were songs and poems a good way to inform people about working conditions for children in the 1800’s?
- People who couldn’t read could learn about the conditions
- Children liked to sing about their conditions as they worked
- Everyone knew the words to the songs and poem
- Schools used these songs and poems in the classrooms
- Why were parents often shown in cartoons as sad as the factory owners took their children off to work?
- The children were not making enough money
- The children were learning at the factories and would soon leave them
- They felt sad that the children had to work to help support the family
- They wanted to go to work with the children.
- Why was it important to tell the public about working conditions for children in factories and mines?
- Explain how each of these showed child labor problems to the public?
- Songs and poems
- Written factual pamphlets
- Testimony before Congressional Committees
December 31, 2019 10:31am