Activity 2: Formative Assessment
Why was it so difficult to get laws passed to ban child labor?
- Schools had little room for more children
- Laws would require factories to pay for health care for children
- Parents protested at mass demonstrations about the loss of wages
- Owners of factories said that the laws would interfere with their rights
Why have abusive child labor practices become a problem in other countries of the world?
- Other countries do not care about children as much as we do
- Children have more time to work for a living in other countries
- Schools are part of the factories in other countries
- Children in some countries are part of a cheap labor force
- Explain two ways the pictures show child labor abuses.
- How is life of a child today better than a child who worked in the mines and factories in the 1800s? Explain your answer with examples.
Updated September 27, 2017 8:28pm