External Link Disclaimer
Links to education.ne.gov
You may freely link to the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) website or any of its content. Unless a copyright is indicated, education.ne.gov is a public domain website, which means you may link to it or any of its content at no cost and without permission. We ask only that you identify that the link is to the Nebraska Department of Education website, a Nebraska state government agency internet resource.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the site’s visitors and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Nebraska state government or the Nebraska Department of Education. See our full Disclaimer of Endorsement below.
Links to Other Government Websites
Education.ne.gov may add a link to any government website that is publicly available unless directed otherwise by the agency that owns the site. Acceptable Federal and State government-owned or government-sponsored website domains include .gov, .mil, and .fed.us. Education.ne.gov may also link to: quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships, state and local government sites (e.g., www.nebraska.gov), and some government-sponsored websites that end in .com, .org, or .net.
Education.ne.gov does not engage in reciprocal linking. NDE links to information according to linking criteria, whether or not the website links back to NDE’s website.
The NDE maintains a zero-tolerance policy on harassment and discrimination. Accordingly, education.ne.gov will not link to any website that contains content inconsistent with this zero-tolerance policy. Additionally, education.ne.gov will not link to any website that requires payment or registration to view its content. Finally, education.ne.gov reserves the right to remove any link the NDE determines, in its sole discretion, is inconsistent with the Department’s mission or any of its policies, is misleading, and/or that is no longer relevant to education.ne.gov visitors.
Links to Non-Government Websites
In limited instances, education.ne.gov may link to websites that are not government-owned or government-sponsored if these websites provide information and/or services that are not available on an official government website. Education.ne.gov may provide links to these non-government websites solely as a service to education.ne.gov visitors. The NDE, nor the state of Nebraska, endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement for more information on this topic.) Further, the state of Nebraska government neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links.
Please contact us about links from education.ne.gov to websites you believe are inappropriate.
Non-Governmental Link Evaluation Criteria
The State of Nebraska policy requires agencies act impartially and not give preferential treatment to any private organization or person. As such, every private organization or person requesting, in writing via our Contact NDE form, a link from education.ne.gov to their website will be given equal consideration by the Nebraska Department of Education to determine if the requested link meets the Department’s policy for inclusion of external links on education.ne.gov. The NDE’s Office of Public Information and Communications evaluates all links similarly using a number of criteria, including the following:
- Is a link to the recommended website’s content necessary for the Nebraska Department of Education’s mission?
- Is the website relevant and useful to education.ne.gov visitors or a segment of education.ne.gov visitors?
- Does the recommended website complement existing information on education.ne.gov?
- Does the recommended website provide community-level information or services of interest to education.ne.gov visitors or a segment of education.ne.gov visitors?
- Is the recommended website an official State of Nebraska or Federal government-owned or supported website?
- Does the recommended website provide official government information or services?
- Does the recommended website violate or contain prominent links to websites that violate the Nebraska Department of Education’s Zero Tolerance of Harassment and Discrimination policy?
Disclaimer of Endorsement
In limited instances, education.ne.gov links to websites that are not Federal or State government-owned or -sponsored if these websites provide information that is necessary and not available on an official government website. Education.ne.gov provides these links solely as a service for our visitors’ information and convenience and does not control, approve, or endorse these sites, nor does the NDE control, approve, or endorse information contained therein. External links to non-Government resources are in no way intended to represent an exhaustive listing.
- When users select a link to a non-State of Nebraska website, they are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website.
- Education.ne.gov does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on any linked website.
- Education.ne.gov does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked non-State of Nebraska websites, and the NDE does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they may offer. Inclusion of these links is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, nor products or services offered, nor the organizations sponsoring the sites.
- Education.ne.gov does not warrant that external, non-Federal websites comply with the accessibility requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Reference in education.ne.gov to any specific commercial product, process, service, manufacturer, or company does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation or favoring by the State of Nebraska.