Upcoming SPED Events
2022 Hybrid NeMTSS Summit – “Creating Coherence”
October 13-14, 2022
In-Person – Younes Conference Center North – Kearney, NE
Virtual – Zoom
- George M. Batsche, Ed.D., professor of school psychology and director emeritus of the Institute for School Reform, the University of South Florida in Tampa
- Adolph Brown, Psy.D., master teacher, author, and clinical psychologist
- Judy Elliott Ph.D., chief executive officer, EduLead, LLC
- Andy Garbacz, Ph.D., associate professor of school psychology, University of Wisconsin–Madison
Visit the NeMTSS Summit Website – HERE to learn more about the keynote presenters and their talks.
If you haven’t already registered, registration is $125 per person and will remain open through Sept. 15.
Creating Coherence is the theme of this year’s hybrid event, hosted by the Nebraska Department of Education’s Office of Special Education.
As students and teachers move forward in education, the NeMTSS team aims to support Educational Service Units, districts, schools, and educators in coming together to work toward a common vision of success.
- The summit will highlight connections among behavioral support, academics, social-emotional learning, and continuous improvement within a multi-tiered system of support and offer ways to promote cohesion among these areas to improve outcomes for students.
- Presenters and workshops will focus on ways to increase communication, implement successful problem-solving strategies and strengthen MTSS support in all aspects of education.
- The summit will serve as an introduction and expansion of work educators are starting or have already begun with NeMTSS Systems Day training.
Hybrid format: Participants may attend the summit in person at the Younes Conference Center North in Kearney or participate in sessions virtually.
More event details, including Zoom links for virtual participants, will be sent at a later date.
Visit the NeMTSS Summit Website – HERE to learn more about the event, including how to register and reserve lodging.
2022 Hybrid Paraeducator Conference – “The Link to Meaningful Connections”
November 8, 2022
In-Person – Younes Conference Center South – Kearney, NE
Virtual – Zoom
Nebraska Paraeducators! You are invited to the hybrid Paraeducator Conference at the Younes Center in Kearney on November 8th, 2022.
As feedback surveys were reviewed from the 2021 Paraeducator Conference, the number one theme was appreciation. Many paraeducators stated how appreciated they felt being able to attend the conference in person and that the presentations were meaningful to them. This is an amazing learning opportunity and we would love to share knowledge and honor all paraeducators for their hard work.
Nominations for the 2022 Paraeducator of the Year!
We encourage and invite all community members to nominate an outstanding paraeducator for recognition as the Nebraska Paraeducator of the Year. Please take this opportunity to acknowledge the contribution made by paraeducators and honor these outstanding individuals.
Paraeducators who demonstrate the highest standard of performance in carrying out their assigned responsibilities should be considered for nomination. The award recipients will be announced and celebrated at this year’s conference.
Professional Development for Paraeducators (2021 Post-Conference Access)
The Nebraska Department of Education is still offering the opportunity to access and utilize content from the 2021 Paraeducator Conference for Professional Development within Districts. We understand the difficulty staff shortages have played when determining whether or not a District is able to send paraeducators to a conference. Equally challenging is developing and providing all the necessary training and support for paraeducators in your district. Our hope is this will be a great resource for Districts and Paraeducators across Nebraska to continue working hard and provide the necessary support for Students.
Registration includes full access to the pre-recorded videos and any materials provided by the presenters for up to 10 Paraeducators. Videos can be viewed at your own pace and will be available until September 1, 2022.
The first 15 Districts to register will also receive 10 Conference engagement packages for their Paraeducators (there are still engagement packages available)!
To register please visit: https://neparaeducator.com/events/virtual-2021-ne-paraeducator-conference/
Registration and more details – Coming Soon!