To provide collaborative leadership, coordinated services, support and assistance to ensure all Nebraskans, regardless of background or circumstances, have equitable opportunity for success in learning, earning and living.
Welcome to NDE Office of Coordinated Student Support Services Webpage!
The Nebraska Department of Education’s (NDE) Office of Coordinated Student Support Services (CSSS) provides coordinated support related to the social, emotional, behavioral, mental and physical health and safety of students to enhance learning and achievement. To best serve and support all students and school staff throughout Nebraska, the CSSS Team:
- Ensures equity by advancing demonstrable access and opportunity for an equitable, high quality education and associated student support services.
- Provides collaborative leadership, content expertise and technical assistance related to student support services and corresponding resources.
- Fosters alignment by promoting the shared goals of improving the social, emotional, behavioral, mental and physical health and safety of all students and helping them establish lifelong healthy behaviors.
- Cultivates coordination in development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive array of student support services and corresponding professional development for school staff.
- Encourages adoption of evidence-based and best practices in student services and supports, as well as exploration of innovation and promising practices.
- Establishes and sustains collaborative strategic partnerships among State and local agencies, non-profit organizations, post-secondary education institutions, community groups, businesses and industry partners.
- Promotes timely, effective response by bringing together multidisciplinary expertise and resources to produce the needed array of cross-systems services and supports for students and school staff.
- Advises and encourages collaboration with other NDE Teams, the Nebraska State Board of Education and external partners to produce greater impact in matters related to student support services for true systems change.
CSSS Office Programs
The CSSS Office webpage is organized by each of its program areas, accessible by either clicking on the program title below or the selected title in the side menu to the left side of your screen:
Announcements, technical assistance, resources and professional development opportunities are accessible under each program area. Additionally, contact information for each CSSS Team member, organized by program area, is provided in the CSSS Office Staff Directory.