Find the latest time sensitive information here
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Federal Programs Team Office Hours via Zoom!
10:00 – 11:00 AM (CST) Please click the link below to join the webinar:
https://zoom.us/j/4024712452 Meeting ID: 402 471 2452
Or Telephone: US: +1 346 248 7799 Webinar ID: 402 471 2452#
- August 16th – Grant Support Slides
- September 20th – ESSA and ESSER Session
- October 18th – Reimbursements PowerPoint and Presentation
- November 8th – Comparability PowerPoint, EL, REAP, McKinney-Vento
- January 17th – Monitoring
- February 21st – Schoolwide Plans
- March 27th (new date) – Non-public Consultations
Nebraska’s 2022 National ESEA Distinguished Schools Recipients
Two Nebraska schools are among 55 across the U.S. that have been named 2022 National ESEA Distinguished Schools for the extraordinary success of their students.
NDE News Release
Crete Public School
Wakefield Community School
Welcome to the Nebraska Department of Education’s Federal Programs web page.
Below are the resources and services our division provides to Schools, Administrators, Teachers, and the Public from all over Nebraska.
Nebraska Waivers Received by the United States Department of Education
Education is primarily a State and local responsibility in the United States. It is States and communities, as well as public and private organizations of all kinds, that establish schools and colleges, develop curricula, and determine requirements for enrollment and graduation. These federal programs assist in completing the educational goals of our students.
- Title I Allocations Public 2023-24
- Title I Allocations NonPublic 2023-24
- Title I NonPublic Served 2023-24
- Title I-C Migrant Suballocations
- Title I-D Allocations 2023-24
- Title II-A Allocations Public 2023-24
- Title II-A Allocations NonPublic 2023-24 (Estimate)
- Title III Allocations EL 2023-24
- Title III Allocations IE 2023-24
- Title III Allocations NonPublic EL 2023-24
- Title III Allocations NonPublic IE 2023-24
- Title IV-A Allocations Public 2023-24
- Title IV-A Allocations NonPublic 2023-24 (Estimate)
- Stronger Connections Grant Awards 2023
- McKinney Vento Grant Awards 2023-24
The GMS is a web-based system used by the Department for processing various grants and plans. The system supports application submissions, amendments, and approval as well as the issuance of grant award notifications. The system also supports the processing of payments against grant awards through reimbursement requests.
Its purposes are to provide:
- districts an easy to use mechanism with a common look and feel originating from various sources
- quick response time between the Department and districts
- real time financial representation.
A majority of grants continue to be placed on the GMS which has become the principal method for processing Department issued grants.
NEW GMS Canvas Hub
Newly developed Canvas modules to support K-12 Public District and Non-Public School superintendents, business managers, and others who work in GMS. The modules cover various GMS topics and helpful tips to navigate through GMS in any order and at your own pace. The Grant Management System (GMS) Canvas Hub can be found on the NDE Canvas site.
2022-2023 ESSA Consolidated Application Support Sessions
The next scheduled COP meeting will be held on
Wednesday, March 20th, 2024, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm (CST)
Tom Dinsdale Automotive, 1708 S Webb Rd, Grand Island, NE 68803
2023-2024 Admin Days Federal Programs Presentations and Resources.