Welcome to the Nebraska Department of Education’s Federal Programs web page.
Below are the resources and services our division provides to Schools, Administrators, Teachers, and the Public from all over Nebraska.
We have also added Federal Programs Administrator Days presentations below!
Education is primarily a State and local responsibility in the United States. It is States and communities, as well as public and private organizations of all kinds, that establish schools and colleges, develop curricula, and determine requirements for enrollment and graduation. These federal programs assist in completing the educational goals of our students.
- Title I Allocations, Public 2018-2019
- Title I Reallocation Amounts by ESU 2018-2019
- Title I Allocations Nonpublic Reserve, Nonpublic Summary
- Title I-D Allocations 2018-2019
- Title II-A Allocations Including Nonpublic Estimates
- Title III – IE Allocations
- District EL 2018-2019
- Title IV Allocations with Nonpublic Share
- Title VII-B Homeless
- 2017-18 Public/Nonpublic Enrollment Information
The GMS is a web-based system used by the Department for processing various grants and plans. The system supports application submissions, amendments, and approval as well as the issuance of grant award notifications. The system also supports the processing of payments against grant awards through reimbursement requests.
Its purposes are to provide:
- districts an easy to use mechanism with a common look and feel originating from various sources
- quick response time between the Department and districts
- real time financial representation.
A majority of grants continue to be placed on the GMS which has become the principal method for processing Department issued grants.
The next COP meeting will be held on Tuesday October 23rd at Hastings College, Hastings, Nebraska.
More details will be announced as we get closer to that date.
2014 Federal Programs Conference ( Updated 2015)
- Everything…Federal Programs General Session
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Allowable Expenditures & Submitting Requests for Reimbursements
- Federal Accountability
- Preparing for NCLB Monitoring: Time and Effort Reporting
- Data Reporting for Title I
- Highly Qualified Teacher and Para Requirements
- Title III-Language Acquisition
- Blending Parent Involvement
- Title I-A Targeted Services
- Title I Schoolwide Programs
- Applications in GMS
- Equitable Services for Nonpublic
- Allowable Federal Title Program Expense
- Federal Programs Equitable Services for Nonpublic Schools
- Grant Management System (NDE)
- Monitoring Schedules/Checklists/Forms Section
- Administrative Support is Key to Afterschool Success. (pdf)
- ESSA-What We Know 2016 (pdf.)
- Federal $$ and Nonpublic Schools (pdf.)