Project Management Office
The mission of the Project Management Office (PMO) is to provide project management best practices to NDE and its customers. The mission is aligned to the NDE Strategic Plan Direction and Vision:
Goal 1.1: By 2018, NDE will be organized through personnel and processes to provide leadership in school support systems, regulations, interagency collaboration, data systems, fiscal responsibility, and evaluation that will enhance the success of educational systems in Nebraska.
It is PMO’s vision to create a culture where project management best practices and methodologies lead to successful project selection and outcomes throughout the NDE.
- Provide decision support information that underpins the project delivery mechanisms by ensuring that all business change in NDE is managed in a systematic way.
- Deliver successful project support to NDE and its customers by providing guidance in project management processes and methodologies in a manner that is efficient, consistent, and standardized.
- Mentor and coach in an effort to raise the project management maturity level of the organization.
- Build and maintain value added relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Governance: ensuring that decisions are taken by the right people, based on the right information. The governance role can also include audit or peer reviews, developing project and program structures and ensuring accountability.
- Transparency: providing information with a single source of the truth. Information should be relevant and accurate to support effective decision-making.
- Reusability: stopping project teams from reinventing the wheel by being a central point for lessons learned, templates and best practice.
- Delivery support: making it easy for project teams to do their jobs by reducing bureaucracy, providing training, mentoring and quality assurance.
- Traceability: providing the function for managing documentation, project history and organizational knowledge.
For more information and/or assistance with NDE Project Management Office, Please Contact:
Atwell Mukusha, Project Management Office Lead
Nebraska Department of Education