Computer Science and Technology
The Communications and Information Systems Cluster:
- Emphasizes career development through career awareness, exploration, and preparation
- Offers world-class secondary Career Technical Education Programs of Study that provides a seamless transition to post-secondary education
- Promotes expanded learning opportunities for students through components such as Workplace Experiences and Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Supports professional development for school counselors, teachers, and administrators
- Fosters essential partnerships that link CTE in schools and colleges with business and industry, workforce, economic development, and government agencies.
Letter from the Commissioner – Computer Science (December 2018)
Computer Science State Plan:
The Nebraska Department of Education and key stakeholders are currently developing the Computer Science Education State Plan. The plan articulates the goals for computer science, strategies for accomplishing the goals, and timelines for carrying out the strategies. The anticipated completion date of the CS Education State Plan is Spring 2021.