Future NET Force Meetings – Mark Your Calendars!
- Winter NET Force meeting – January 18th, Kearney at the Central Community College-Kearney Center, 1215 30th Ave, Kearney, NE 68845
- Spring meeting-April 12th, Motorsports Park in Hastings, 427 S Showboat Blvd, Hastings, NE 68901
OUTSTANDING LEADERS RECEIVE AWARDS AT NEBRASKA ENTREPRENEURSHIP BEST PRACTICES SUMMIT
The Nebraska Entrepreneurship Task Force (NET Force) and co-sponsor, the Nebraska Enterprise Fund, presented awards to three Nebraskans recognized for their leadership in entrepreneurship advocacy and entrepreneurship education during the Entrepreneurship Best Practices Summit that took place in York, NE on October 30th.
The Summit focused on enhancing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Nebraska through networking, sharing what works, and highlighting Big Ideas in entrepreneurship.
- Outstanding Service Award: Steve Bors, Director of the Southeast Community College Entrepreneurship Center
- Outstanding Entrepreneurship Educator of the Year: Jeanette Kleppinger, Westside Community Schools
- Gregg Christensen Nebraska Entrepreneurship Distinguished Service Hall of Fame Award: Tom Field, Director of the Engler Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Makerspaces: A Growing Nebraska Trend
Makerspaces are do-it-yourself shops popping up all across the U.S. Innovation Studio makerspace is where people can gather to invent, learn, and create. (Photo and Story by Ben Bohall, NET News). Click image for full story.
The Case for Youth Entrepreneurship Education
One Town. Two Stoplights. Unlimited Possibilities
Brent Comstock | TEDxLincoln
Brent’s TEDxLincoln talk serves as an introduction to the idea of reinventing rural communities and also challenges entrepreneurs and innovators to consider looking to rural communities for ventures like tech start-ups and social enterprises.
Growing up in a rural SE Nebraska community, Brent was always bothered by the lack of connectedness and opportunities in rural Nebraska. At age 12, he started a small company that provided what he found lacking in a small town: computer services, web site design, and advice on anything technology-related. Since then, Brent, who is now a Robertson Scholar at the University of North Carolina, has founded and been on the founding teams of many start-up companies throughout the United States.
It Takes a Community: Valley County Feature
Nebraska Loves Public Schools (NElovesPS) just released a ten minute video highlighting how Valley County, Nebraska invests in its students in a big way. With a focus on entrepreneurship and a commitment to youth, one of the most successful ways Valley County illustrates this investment is through the annual EntrepreneurShip Investigation (ESI) Camp. Hosted in Ord, Nebraska, ESI Camp is a true community-wide/county-wide collaboration where members of the business community share their time and talents with students. Students build their entrepreneurial skills and learn what it takes to compete in a global marketplace – right in rural Nebraska.
Watch this special edition of It Takes a Community at https://iloveps.org/ or click on the image below.
Nebraska Entrepreneurship Education
The Nebraska Department of Education provides statewide:
- Curriculum support
- Technical assistance
- Professional development
Entrepreneurship education outreach and services provided through Nebraska Career Education include:
- Nebraska Entrepreneurship Education website
- Nebraska Entrepreneurship Education listserv
- Nebraska Career Education Conference sessions
- Publicity for local, state, and national activities
- Support and leadership for Nebraska’s National Entrepreneurship Week activities
The Nebraska Department of Education is an active member of the Nebraska Entrepreneurship Task Force (NET Force). The mission of NET Force is to identify and leverage educational resources that will educate, engage, and empower current and potential entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship Education Resource Sites
Career Clusters Resources
Click above to explore Nebraska companies.
“Why Career Readiness?” 3.19 minute video