Nebraska Entrepreneurship Education
The Nebraska Department of Education provides statewide:
- Curriculum support
- Technical assistance
- Professional development
Entrepreneurship education outreach and services provided through Nebraska Career Education include:
- Nebraska Entrepreneurship Education website
- Nebraska Entrepreneurship Education listserv
- Nebraska Career Education Conference sessions
- Publicity for local, state, and national activities
- Support and leadership for Nebraska’s National Entrepreneurship Week activities
OUTSTANDING LEADERS RECEIVE AWARDS AT NEBRASKA ENTREPRENEURSHIP BEST PRACTICES SUMMIT
The Nebraska Entrepreneurship Task Force (NET Force) and co-sponsor, the Nebraska Enterprise Fund, presented awards to three Nebraskans recognized for their leadership in entrepreneurship advocacy and entrepreneurship education during the Entrepreneurship Best Practices Summit that took place in York, NE on October 29th.
The Summit focused on enhancing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Nebraska through networking, sharing what works, and highlighting Big Ideas in entrepreneurship.
- Outstanding Service Award: Samuel Nelson, Director-Nebraska Center for Entrepreneurship, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Outstanding Entrepreneurship Educator of the Year: Surin Kim, Department of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, Nebraska Extension University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Gregg Christensen Nebraska Entrepreneurship Distinguished Service Hall of Fame Award: Nebraska Enterprise Partnership Fund
The Nebraska Department of Education is an active member of the Nebraska Entrepreneurship Task Force (NET Force). The mission of NET Force is to identify and leverage educational resources that will educate, engage, and empower current and potential entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship Best Practices Summit 2019 Promo Video
Click above to explore Nebraska companies.
The virtual tours provide a unique opportunity to experience Nebraska-based industries without leaving the classroom.
“Why Career Readiness?” 3.19 minute video