School Lunch Training
Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar Training
The Nutrition Services staff has been offering webinar experiences for Nebraska meal service providers every other Tuesday afternoon starting June 2. Anyone engaged in meal service for children across the state is welcome to join and learn the latest information about federal waivers and guidance, share tips and tricks with other meal service providers and get your questions answered by Nutrition Services program specialists. Nutrition Services staff send out the link to current National School Lunch and Summer Food Service program participants via email. Please ensure your contact information is entered correctly in the CNP system to receive these Zoom invitations.
- If you have any questions about these opportunities, discussion ideas or general feedback, please reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshops and Training for the School Lunch Program
- School Lunch Online Bookkeeper Training – Training Videos may be viewed online, we recommend you print a copy of the handouts before you begin listening to the power point videos.
- Child Nutrition Training Academy – Lincoln – Summer – Due to construction at UNL we will not be hosting the 2020 Child Nutrition Training academy. Look for 2021 information in February 2021!
- School Meals Program 2020 Annual Training – Summer
- Direct Certification and Direct Verification
- Moodle Online Training – School food service staff can earn up to 17 CEUs. There are 11 different topics with 22 units. Each unit contains a 5 question quiz. To access Moodle and create an account please review the following: Moodle Introductory Video. Topics include:
- Professional Standards
- Smart Snacks in Schools
- Breakfast Program
- Civil Rights
- Working with Special Diets
- Local School Wellness Policy
- Farm to School
- Marketing your Program
- Recess Before Lunch
- Fundraising Options for Schools
- What to Expect During the Administrative Review
- UPCOMING ServSafe Training – Training will be on August 11-12 in Bridgeport from 9 AM -5 PM at the Prairie Winds Community Center. Participants will receive the latest edition of ServSafe® Manager book, materials, refreshment and lunches. Participants, also, may take the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification exam at the conclusion of the training. Visit this brochure to register for this ServSafe Training session.
- Institute of Child Nutrition E-Learning Portal – list of online training on a broad range of topics for child nutrition professionals working in school nutrition
- Nutrition Services calendar – full listing of all workshops, events, important dates & more
- Online Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Training
- Food Safety in Schools Training
- Culture of Food Safety Training
- Norovirus for Schools Training
- PowerPoint Trainings
- Diabetes in the School and Carbohydrate Control
- The U.S. Food Waste Challenge
- School Wellness Policies: The Role of Schools in Providing Healthy Food Activity Environments for Children
- Coordinated School Health-School Health Index
To save a PowerPoint show to your computer, right-click on the PowerPoint link, select Save Target As and save the file to a location on your computer. The View as a web page option will allow you to read the speaker notes accompanying each slide.
If any participants require a sign language interpreter, alternate formats of print materials or wheelchair accessibility at one of our in-person training workshops, please notify our office at least two weeks prior to the workshop date at (402) 471-2488 or (800) 731-2233.