School Lunch Training
Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar Training
The Nutrition Services staff has been offering webinar experiences for Nebraska meal service providers every other Tuesday afternoon starting June 2. Anyone engaged in meal service for children across the state is welcome to join and learn the latest information about federal waivers and guidance, share tips and tricks with other meal service providers and get your questions answered by Nutrition Services program specialists. Nutrition Services staff send out the link to current National School Lunch and Summer Food Service program participants via email. Please ensure your contact information is entered correctly in the CNP system to receive these Zoom invitations.
- If you have any questions about these opportunities, discussion ideas or general feedback, please reach out to our office at email@example.com.
Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar - March 17
- Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar – February 3
- Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar – January 20
- Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar – December 10
- Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar – November 2
- Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar – October 21
- Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar – October 7
- Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar – September 23
Workshops and Training for the School Lunch Program
As of January 1st, 2021 all NDE Moodle courses will move to the new learning management system Canvas. As soon as Nutrition Services courses are available we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.
- School Lunch Online Bookkeeper Training – Training Videos may be viewed online, we recommend you print a copy of the handouts before you begin listening to the power point videos.
- Child Nutrition Training Academy – Lincoln – Summer – Due to Covid19 the Child Nutrition Training Academy is canceled for 2021. Look for 2022 information in February 2022!
- School Meals Program 2020 Annual Training – Summer
- Direct Certification and Direct Verification
- Institute of Child Nutrition E-Learning Portal – list of online training on a broad range of topics for child nutrition professionals working in school nutrition
- Nutrition Services calendar – full listing of all workshops, events, important dates & more
- Online Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Training
- ICS Food Safety in Schools Training
- Culture of Food Safety Training
- Norovirus for Schools Training
- PowerPoint Trainings
- Diabetes in the School and Carbohydrate Control
- The U.S. Food Waste Challenge
- School Wellness Policies: The Role of Schools in Providing Healthy Food Activity Environments for Children
- Coordinated School Health-School Health Index
To save a PowerPoint show to your computer, right-click on the PowerPoint link, select Save Target As and save the file to a location on your computer. The View as a web page option will allow you to read the speaker notes accompanying each slide.
If any participants require a sign language interpreter, alternate formats of print materials or wheelchair accessibility at one of our in-person training workshops, please notify our office at least two weeks prior to the workshop date at (402) 471-2488 or (800) 731-2233.