School Lunch Training
2021 Basic Bookkeeper Requirements Training
Mark your calendar for a great summer training opportunity for a review of the Basic Bookkeeping Requirements for the School Meals Program
Tuesday, July 20, 2021, from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (CST) join us on Zoom.
New staff and experienced staff wanting a refresher on the bookkeeping requirements of the School Meals Program should register in the CNP system.
This training will focus on program requirements. Topics include: dates of importance, income eligibility applications, direct certification, verification, claiming, etc…
What if I can’t attend the Zoom Training on July 20th? The training will be recorded and posted by the beginning of August on the Nutrition Services website at the following link: https://www.education.ne.gov/ns/training/national-school-lunch-program
What can I do now to learn about bookkeeping requirements of the school meals program? Bookkeeper Training Parts 1-4 and Direct Certification videos are available on the NDE-Nutrition Services website: https://www.education.ne.gov/ns/training/national-school-lunch-program/school-lunch-training/
2021 School Meals Training
2021 School Meals Training for new and experienced school foodservice staff will be offered virtually in Zoom and will be be held from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. (CST) on July 22, July 28, August 5, and September 10. Participants need to attend only one of the four sessions.
This training will provide participants with the information they need to successfully operate the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) by providing meals that meet the NSLP and SBP meal pattern requirements.
If you have not already registered for this training, please access the registration form here: Registration Form. Advance registration is required in order to receive the training materials by email before the training date you register for.
Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar Training
The Nutrition Services staff has been offering webinar experiences for Nebraska meal service providers every other Tuesday afternoon starting June 2. Anyone engaged in meal service for children across the state is welcome to join and learn the latest information about federal waivers and guidance, share tips and tricks with other meal service providers and get your questions answered by Nutrition Services program specialists. Nutrition Services staff send out the link to current National School Lunch and Summer Food Service program participants via email. Please ensure your contact information is entered correctly in the CNP system to receive these Zoom invitations.
- If you have any questions about these opportunities, discussion ideas or general feedback, please reach out to our office at email@example.com.
Serving Up Great School Meals Webinar - May 5
Workshops and Training for the School Lunch Program
As of January 1st, 2021 all NDE Moodle courses will move to the new learning management system Canvas. As soon as Nutrition Services courses are available we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.
- School Lunch Online Bookkeeper Training – Training Videos may be viewed online, we recommend you print a copy of the handouts before you begin listening to the power point videos.
- Child Nutrition Training Academy – Lincoln – Summer – Due to Covid19 the Child Nutrition Training Academy is canceled for 2021. Look for 2022 information in February 2022!
- School Meals Online Foodservice Training – Summer
- Direct Certification and Direct Verification
- Institute of Child Nutrition E-Learning Portal – list of online training on a broad range of topics for child nutrition professionals working in school nutrition
- Nutrition Services calendar – full listing of all workshops, events, important dates & more
- Online Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Training
- ICS Food Safety in Schools Training
- Culture of Food Safety Training
- Norovirus for Schools Training
- PowerPoint Trainings
- Diabetes in the School and Carbohydrate Control
- The U.S. Food Waste Challenge
- School Wellness Policies: The Role of Schools in Providing Healthy Food Activity Environments for Children
- Coordinated School Health-School Health Index
To save a PowerPoint show to your computer, right-click on the PowerPoint link, select Save Target As and save the file to a location on your computer. The View as a web page option will allow you to read the speaker notes accompanying each slide.
If any participants require a sign language interpreter, alternate formats of print materials or wheelchair accessibility at one of our in-person training workshops, please notify our office at least two weeks prior to the workshop date at (402) 471-2488 or (800) 731-2233.