School Lunch Training
Workshops and Training for the School Lunch Program
- School Lunch Online Bookkeeper Training – Training Videos may be viewed online, we recommend you print a copy of the handouts before you begin listening to the power point videos.
- Child Nutrition Training Academy – Lincoln – Summer – Due to construction at UNL we will not be hosting the 2020 Child Nutrition Training academy. Look for 2021 information in February 2021!
- School Meals Program 2020 Annual Training – Summer
- Direct Certification and Direct Verification
- Moodle Online Training – School food service staff can earn up to 17 CEUs. There are 11 different topics with 22 units. Each unit contains a 5 question quiz. To access Moodle and create an account please review the following: Moodle Introductory Video. Topics include:
- Professional Standards
- Smart Snacks in Schools
- Breakfast Program
- Civil Rights
- Working with Special Diets
- Local School Wellness Policy
- Farm to School
- Marketing your Program
- Recess Before Lunch
- Fundraising Options for Schools
- What to Expect During the Administrative Review
- UPCOMING ServSafe Training – Training will be on August 11-12 in Bridgeport from 9 AM -5 PM at the Prairie Winds Community Center. Participants will receive the latest edition of ServSafe® Manager book, materials, refreshment and lunches. Participants, also, may take the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification exam at the conclusion of the training. Visit this brochure to register for this ServSafe Training session.
- Institute of Child Nutrition E-Learning Portal – list of online training on a broad range of topics for child nutrition professionals working in school nutrition
- Nutrition Services calendar – full listing of all workshops, events, important dates & more
- Online Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Training
- Food Safety in Schools Training
- Culture of Food Safety Training
- Norovirus for Schools Training
- PowerPoint Trainings
- Diabetes in the School and Carbohydrate Control
- The U.S. Food Waste Challenge
- School Wellness Policies: The Role of Schools in Providing Healthy Food Activity Environments for Children
- Coordinated School Health-School Health Index
To save a PowerPoint show to your computer, right-click on the PowerPoint link, select Save Target As and save the file to a location on your computer. The View as a web page option will allow you to read the speaker notes accompanying each slide.
If any participants require a sign language interpreter, alternate formats of print materials or wheelchair accessibility at one of our in-person training workshops, please notify our office at least two weeks prior to the workshop date at (402) 471-2488 or (800) 731-2233.