Nebraska Market Meetups
Please join us for the first Market Meetup on Tuesday, November 30, 2021 from 3-4pm CST.
In response to school meal supply chain challenges, the NDE is hosting a virtual meeting to facilitate local food procurement by connecting school food service decision makers with Nebraska area producers, processors, aggregators, and distributors.
The meeting aims to:
- Provide space to jointly share, learn, and innovate in the topic of local food supply and access;
- Directly link buyers and sellers to facilitate connections and purchasing relationships;
- Collect information to create a strategic plan to move forward with partners in strengthening our local food system and local food access.
- Food Service Directors should come prepared with their food supply needs and desires.
- Food producers, aggregators, processors and others are encouraged to come prepared with a list of what they can offer for sale to schools, and details for schools to further connect with their product.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Questions? Contact Nebraska Farm to School Specialist, Sarah Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
See more information here provided by USDA Food and Nutrition Service about School Meal Supply Chain Issues during School Year 2021-2022.
Additional information regarding USDA offering flexibilities in response to public health needs and to ease administrative burden, while still promoting nutrition meals, can be found here:
Summary of Flexibilities: fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/resource-files/schoolmeal-flexibilities-summary.pdf
Table of Flexibilities: fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/resource-files/schoolmeals_flexibilities_chart.pdf
Flexibilities in Practice: fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/resource-files/schoolmeal_flexibilities_scenarios.pdf