Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
Coronavirus Resources for Schools from NDE are available on the NDE Public Health page.
- COVID-19 Viral Pandemic School Closures Standard Operating Procedures
- COVID-19 Viral Pandemic Response
- COVID-19 Viral Pandemic Non-School-Meal-Distribution Sites
Food Safety in Schools
- As a result of Federal legislation, all schools and residential facilities participating in the National School Lunch Program are required to implement a HACCP food safety program.
- In addition, each school/residential facility must have at least two food safety inspections per year.
- Print a copy of the Outline of What to Include in the Written HACCP Plan.pdf – The following resources below are links to all the forms and resources needed for the written HACCP Plan.
Nebraska Food Code from the Nebraska Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Consumer Protection
All applicable SOPs should be documented and included in your written HACCP plan. Read through them and modify them for your foodservice program. These files are in Microsoft Word Format.
Food Safety Training Websites
- NE Department of Health and Human Service – Nutrition & Food Safety
- NE Department of Agriculture – Food Safety & Consumer Protection
- Lincoln/Lancaster County – Food Safety Permits
- Grand Island – Hall County Food Safety Program
- Omaha – Douglas County Health Department