Nutrition Services Vision Statement
Nutrition Services provides leadership that inspires service of nutritious meals to children, students and adults.
Nutrition Services Programs
- National School Lunch and Breakfast Program
- Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Summer Feeding Service Program
Training Videos and User Manuals for the New CNP System
- National School Lunch and Breakfast Program (available)
- National School Lunch Point of Sale (POS) Batch File Upload Instructions
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (available)
- Day Care Home (DCH) Point of Sale (POS) Batch File Upload Instructions
- Summer Food Service Program (available)
- CNP System Access Form
- CNP Security Administration Manual
- CNP Training Registration
- CNP System – How to change program years to enter in previous years claims
- DUNS/SAM Registration Instructions NEW
Child Nutrition Program Statistics
Current Request for Proposal for Contractual Services
- The State of Nebraska, Department of Education (NDE), is is issuing this Request for Proposal (RFP) – Nebraska Thursdays Campaign, for the purpose of selecting a qualified Contractor to provide a marketing campaign for Nebraska Thursdays and increase school sign-ups of the program. Nebraska Thursdays is a statewide program that assists schools in planning, serving and promoting a Nebraska-sourced meal in the cafeteria on the first Thursday of each month. Essential to program success is marketing that emphasizes benefits to participation in farm to school. This includes highlighting current access and seasonality of Nebraska/local products, as well as the health and economic benefits of sourcing local foods for kids, community and agriculture; additionally, there are model schools that successfully implement Nebraska Thursdays and those stories are valuable to share. NT Marketing Campaign RFP.
Proposals are due August 16, 2019 by 2pm Central Time. Please review the RFP for full details. Questions should be submitted in writing to email@example.com, NDE Local Foods Consultant.
Nutrition Services News
- Nutrition Services has been closely monitoring the outbreak of E-Coli infections related to romaine lettuce. Please review the latest Food Safety Alert posted on the CDC’s website. Nutrition Services recommends that sponsors do NOT eat or serve any romaine lettuce, wash and sanitize all surfaces that might have come into contact with romaine lettuce, report possible infection to your health department and reach out to your vendor to discuss compensation for contaminated products.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.