National School Lunch Program - NSLP
Forms & Resource Center
- Medical Statement for Students Requiring Special Meals for students with a disability.pdf: Form to request a special diet for a student with a disability.
- Special Diet Statement for Non-Disabling Conditions.pdf: Form to be used for a student without a disability who is medically certified as having a special dietary need. for example: students with food allergies that results in skin rash, digestive disorders, etc. but not anaphylaxis. The form is to be completed by a recognized medical authority.
- Milk Substitutions Handouts. The two handouts contain the same information in a different format.
- Milk Substitution for Children with a Non-Disabling Medical or Special Dietary Need.pdf
- Milk Substitution in the National School Lunch Program For Students with Non-Disabling Medical or Special Dietary Needs.pdf
- USDA guidance memorandum SP 07-2010 - Q&As: Milk Substitution for Children with Medical or Special
Dietary Needs (Non-Disability)
- USDA Guidance Accommodating Children with Special Dietary Needs in the School Nutrition Programs - Guidance for School Food Service Staff.pdf. This is a 59 page Adobe Acrobat PDF document you can either print or view.
- Diabetes Packet Meeting Special Dietary needs of Children with Diabetes.pdf - Nutrition Services, Nebraska Department of Education
- How to Read a Label for Special Diets.pdf including milk-free, egg-free, peanut-free, wheat-free, soy-free and tree nut-free diets. Document provided from The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network at www.foodallergy.org