The Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Agriculture Appropriations Act awarded the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) $30 million to distribute to State Agencies for the purpose of awarding equipment assistance grants (EAG). Nebraska received $169,825 for equipment assistance to eligible school food authorities (SFA) participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Funds will be distributed through a competitive grant process.
To ensure all available grant funds are allocated to SFAs, Nutrition Services is releasing the grant application to all qualifying schools participating in the NSLP. SFAs that have a Net Cash Resource (more than three months operating expenses in the non-profit school food service account) are not eligible to apply for this grant. NDE encourages these SFAs to consider using the Net Cash Resource to purchase new or replace existing equipment.
Fiscal Year 2020 Equipment Assistance Grants Application Materials:
*Please contact Christy Burger with questions at Christina.email@example.com
Grant Awardee Information
- 2019 Equipment Assistance Grant Webinar Recording
- Nutrition Services offered a webinar providing guidance for those seeking reimbursement as part of the 2019 Equipment Assistance Grant.
- NDE 28-003 Form
- School Food Authority Equipment Grant Awards by Fiscal Year (2009-2019)
- Procurement Decision Tree – Revised JUN 2019
- Procurement Overview
- Nebraska’s Child Nutrition Program Approved Equipment List
- 2009 NFSMI Equipment Purchasing Facility & Design
- Smarter Lunchrooms Movement
- Fuel Up to Play 60 Website
- How to Organize a Fundraiser