The Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Agriculture Appropriations Act awarded the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) $30 million to distribute to State Agencies for the purpose of awarding equipment assistance grants (EAG). Nebraska received $169,376 for equipment assistance to eligible school food authorities (SFA) participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Funds will be distributed through a competitive grant process.
The funds will allow SFAs to purchase equipment to serve healthier meals that meet the updated meal patterns, with emphasis on offering more fruits and vegetables in school meals, improving food safety and expanding access to the program.
Grant Awardee Information
- 2019 Equipment Assistance Grant Webinar Recording
- Nutrition Services offered a webinar providing guidance for those seeking reimbursement as part of the 2019 Equipment Assistance Grant.
- School Food Authority Equipment Grant Awards by Fiscal Year (2009-2019)
- Procurement Decision Tree – Revised JUN 2019
- Procurement Overview
- Nebraska’s Child Nutrition Program Approved Equipment List
- 2009 NFSMI Equipment Purchasing Facility & Design
- Smarter Lunchrooms Movement
- Fuel Up to Play 60 Website
- How to Organize a Fundraiser