Child Care Resource and Referral
The NDE Early Childhood Training Center (ECTC) is designated by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Child Care Services, as the statewide coordinator of child care resource and referral. In that capacity, the ECTC holds membership in the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA). The ECTC also works with other agencies within the state that offer child care resource and referral to extend access of these services to families.
If you have questions about finding child care in Nebraska, contact Dena Johnson, Resource and Referral Assistant, at 1-800-89-CHILD (1-800-892-4453) or 402-557-6886. Dena can help you find information on any of the following topics:
- assistance with the online DHHS child care roster
- tips on interviewing prospective child care providers
- child care licensing disciplinary action reports
- information on subsidy (Title XX)
- information on military child care
A copy of The Right Place: How to Locate Child Care in Your Area is available upon request.