Free Early Childhood Training
The Nebraska Departments of Education and Health and Human Services are working in partnership to provide free training for Nebraska’s early childhood educators using funding made available through child care pandemic relief funds (ARPA). The trainings listed below will be offered free of charge beginning June 1, 2023, while funding is available or until May 31, 2024.
Which training will be offered for free?
- Management Training Program
- Getting Down to Business
- Safe with You
- Early Learning Guidelines domain training
- Special Care Training
- Introduction to the Infant, Toddler, and PreK CLASS
- Introduction to the Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale (FCCERS-3)
- Introduction to the Environment Rating Scales: ITERS-3/ECERS-3
- Where do I find and register for these free trainings?
All training can be found using the search bar on the NECPRS training calendar. Your Early Learning Connection Coordinator shares upcoming trainings in their newsletter, too!
- Do I need to have a NECPRS account to register for free training?
A NECPRS account is not required for registration however, to access training certificates, a NECPRS account is needed. Setting up a NECPRS account is quick, easy and can help you track and manage your training certificates.
- Does this apply to both in-person and virtual training?
Yes, the free trainings will be offered both in person and virtually.
- Will I still need to pay for training materials (books, etc.)?
No, all training materials will be included free of charge.
- Is there a limit to the amount of free training I can take?
No, you can register for and attend as much free training as you like within the funding window.
- If I took these trainings previously, can I be reimbursed?
No reimbursements for prior training will be provided.
- When can I start registering for free training?
You can begin registering for free training now! Search for the training you are interested in on the NECPRS training calendar and look for dates on or later than June 1, 2023 to find the free training events.
- Will any other trainings be added to the list of free training?
No, this is the complete list of free training.
- Will all training have $0 registration fees or will I need to be reimbursed?
All of the indicated trainings will have a $0 registration fee on the NECPRS training calendar and you will not need to be reimbursed.
The NECPRS training calendar is your one-stop spot to find all of the free training being offered. Use the calendar search bar and filters to find and register for the training you are interested in.
Early Learning Connection Professional Development Regional Contacts
Have questions about the training being offered in your region? Contact your local professional development Early Learning Connection Coordinator.
Programs enrolled in Step Up to Quality have access to coaching and resources that help them on their path to higher quality. These resources enable any provider or educator — big or small — to take quality to the next level.
Questions? Contact Us!
For questions about Management Training Program, Getting Down to Business, Safe with You and Early Learning Guidelines, please contact your local professional development Early Learning Connection Coordinator.
For questions about Special Care Training, CLASS and Environment Rating Scales, please contact the Early Childhood Training Center at 402-557-6880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This free training opportunity was provided by funding made available through DHHS Child Care pandemic relief funds (ARPA).