Kindergarten is a very important year in the lives of Nebraska’s youngest students and their families. It begins to create the foundation of knowledge on which they will continue to build formal schooling.
A number of documents have been created to inform and support parents, administrators, teachers, and other early childhood professionals on what kindergarten best practices look like. The documents are based on current research and were created by kindergarten teachers and other early childhood professionals in Nebraska.
For more information about kindergarten and primary grades in Nebraska, please contact Melody Hobson at 402-471-0263.
For additional information about professional development related to kindergarten in Nebraska or to borrow media materials on this topic, contact the media center at 402-557-6885 or visit the media center’s online catalog.
For questions about kindergarten entry, please refer to Neb.Rev.Stat 79-214. School districts should contact their district legal counsel for additional assistance.
Kindergarten and Early Childhood Program Eligibility for School Years 2018-2021
Kindergarten Position Statement
- Ready For Success What Families Want to Know about Starting School in Nebraska.
- Kindergarten Early Learning Guidelines: Language and Literacy
- Kindergarten Early Learning Guidelines: Mathematics
- Nebraska P-16 Initiative
- Planning the Use of Time in Kindergarten
- The Primary Program: Growing and Learning in the Heartland