Links to Other Resources
This page includes some web sites that are of interest to the users of the Nutrition Services web site. This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of sites. You will be leaving the Nebraska Department of Education server when you follow these links. These links will open in a new browser window so you can continue viewing the Nutrition Services site. The Nebraska Department of Education Nutrition Services office does not endorse products; links to commercial sites are for information purposes only.
Food Management Resources
- Commodity Food Distribution Program – Nebraska Health & Human Services
- Value of USDA Foods Shipped School Year 2019
- Recipient Agencies can access their account in CNP Web.
- Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) is the only federally funded national center dedicated to applied research, education and training, and technical assistance for child nutrition programs.
- ICN Recipes – These healthy recipes were developed for Child Nutrition Professionals.
- USDA Recipes – These recipes have been developed for Households, Large Quantity Recipes, and Recetas en Español
- Emergency Handbook for Food Managers – National Association of County and City Health Officials can be downloaded from NACCHO site.
- Food Safety & Inspection Service – Active Recall Cases
- Food safety links for school food service managers and employees (USDA Healthy School Meals Resource System)
- Nutrition Explorations – National Dairy Council
- Serving it Safe: A Manager’s Tool Kit (USDA)
- Gateway to Government Food Safety Information – includes recall information and food safety tips
- Food Safety Inspection Service – Recall Information Center (USDA)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Healthy School Environment
- Core Nutrition Messages – Food & Nutrition Service (USDA)
- Empowering Youth with Nutrition and Physical Activity Manual developed as a resource to help teachers and caregivers of adolescents become positive role models. Available to view on line or request a hardcopy at the Team Nutrition Website.
- Healthy Meals Resource System USDA
- Healthy Weight Network – Your connection to Research – on obesity, eating disorders, dieting, weight loss or gain – School Wellness Plans
- How to Write a Local Wellness Policy
- Local School Wellness Polices – School Nutrition Association
- Lunch Line Redesign – Article published in the New York Times October 21, 2010. Click through the interactive image of a self serve bar that encourages students to eat more healthy foods.
- My Plate
- Model School Wellness Policy – NANA
- Nebraska Foundation for Children’s Vision – An educational and charitable foundation, seeks to ensure that every child entering school in Nebraska is visually ready to learn through expanding the SEE TO LEARN® program in Nebraska, offering a free vision assessment to all three year olds by a professional eye care provider.
- Resource Guide for School Wellness Polices
- Team Nutrition – Join the Team Resources
- USDA Dietary Guidelines
- USDA Wellness Policy