Benefits of Workplace Experiences
Students who participate in quality Workplace Experiences:
- Set and pursue career, educational, and personal goals;
- Understand the connection between school and their postsecondary and career goals;
- Model mature professional behaviors and rise to the expectations of employers while demonstrating good work habits;
- Develop leadership skills and a sense of responsibility;
- Solve problems cooperatively and creatively; and
- Build networks that will support learning and expand future opportunities.
Schools that effectively integrate Workplace Experiences into students’ programs of study:
- Incorporate career training techniques used in businesses;
- Develop ongoing relationships with the business community;
- Adapt rapidly to industry trends and workplace expectations;
- Increase the number of workplace opportunities available to all students;
- Create a sequenced plan of Workplace Experiences that build upon each other to foster career awareness, exploration, and preparation; and
- Promote skills that support students’ attainment of the Nebraska Career Readiness Standards and CTE program of study/course standards.
Employers and Community Organizations Benefit!
Employers and Community Organizations that assist with students’ Workplace Experiences:
- Build a pipeline of knowledgeable, motivated talent;
- Increase company brand awareness and loyalty;
- Prescreen potential employees;
- Give back to the community and support strong learning experiences for students; and
- Provide students with exposure to opportunities outside their immediate environments.