reVISION Action Grant
The purpose of the reVISION Action Grant is to improve, modernize, and expand career and technical education (CTE) programs to align with Nebraska’s economic priorities and workforce demands. The reVISION Action grant program provides Perkins funds for eligible secondary and postsecondary recipients to help implement the reVISION action steps developed and identified throughout the reVISION local and regional CTE assessments.
This supplemental grant initiative is aimed at fostering innovation in CTE programming across Nebraska. Grant activities should be part of a larger effort for transformational change and school improvement and aimed at addressing the strategic priorities of Nebraska CTE.
reVISION Action grants provide eligible recipients an opportunity to apply for additional Perkins dollars awarded through a competitive process to implement innovative strategies to transform and expand the quality of CTE programming in Nebraska. This initiative will help distribute federal CTE dollars broadly across Nebraska to applicants who may not otherwise have had the resources to implement significant innovations in CTE with only the funds generated through the Perkins formula grant. Over time, best practices will be identified along with opportunities to appropriately scale successful strategies across the state.
reVISION Action Grant 2021-2022
- March 8, 2021: Application Available
- May 3, 2021: Applications Due by 5:00pm CST
- July 1, 2021: Preliminary Award Announcements
- August 6, 2021 – June 30, 2022: Grant Award Period
*Dates are subject to change.
Prior to Applying:
- Download and read the pdf: 2021-2022 reVISION Action Grant Guidelines
- Download the editable Word doc: 2021-2022 reVISION Action Grant Application Template
- Watch the Pre-Application Technical Assistance Videos
Application Submission Site: CLOSED
The following documents and resources may be helpful in planning and writing your project proposal:
- Nebraska CTE Strategic Priorities
- Approved Perkins V Local Application
- reVISION Regional Needs Assessment Summary; and
- Regional H3 Report
- Your reVISION Local Assessment Worksheets
(Districts, ESUs, and Community Colleges should have copies of their completed worksheets.)
The following Work-Based Learning resources are available on the NDE website:
- Workplace Experiences for Nebraska website
- Launch WBL website
2020-2021 reVISION Action Grant
2020-2021 Award Recipients
Twenty-two reVISION Action grant applications were received — a total funding request of $1,707,658!
After review by selection teams comprised of internal and external reviewers, the following proposals were selected.
View each district to read the Action Plans awarded:
- Bancroft-Rosalie Community School
- Columbus Public Schools
- ESU 09 *
- Hershey Public Schools
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA)
- Northeast Community College
- Ralston Public Schools
- Seward Public Schools
- South Central Nebraska Unified District
- Stapleton Public Schools
- Sutherland Public Schools
* ESU 9’s proposal included 4 districts collaborating: Adams Central, Doniphan-Trumbull, Harvard, and Kenesaw
For any reVISION Action Grant questions, please contact Therese Marzouk: firstname.lastname@example.org
20-21 reVISION Action Grant – Important Dates
- October 2, 2020 – June 30, 2020 — 20-21 reVISION Action Grant Award Period
- June 30, 2021 — Grant Award Expires
- August 20, 2021 — Grant Closeout Deadline: Final Reimbursement Claim and Grant Final Report must be submitted by this date.
If you receive automated emails from the Grants Management System (GMS) stating a different due date other than 8/20/21, please disregard as these emails refer to noncompetitive grants only.
20-21 reVISION Action Grant – Details and Documents
- Grant Closeout Instructions:
Refer to the Reimbursement & Closeout tab, Grants Management section of the Perkins Management Guide web page, but disregard the date listed there.
- Action Grant Final Report Template (Coming soon!)