Healthy Schools Program
Healthy students are better learners, and academic achievement bears a lifetime of benefits for health. However, youth risk behaviors, such as physical inactivity, unhealthy dietary behaviors, tobacco use, alcohol use, and other drug use are consistently linked to poor grades and test scores and lower educational attainment according to 2019 YRBS data.
Partnering with key leaders Nebraska Healthy Schools promotes:
- Healthier nutrition options and education.
- Comprehensive physical activity programs and physical education.
- Improved processes and better training to help students manage chronic conditions.
- Health education that instills life-long healthy habits and health literacy.
- Practices that improve school health services and links to clinical and community resources.
Whole Child Newsletters
Questions? Contact Erika Wibbels, email@example.com, 402-219-3897