Nebraska Career Education
February is CTE Month!
What is CTE Month®?
CTE (Career and Technical Education) Month is a public awareness campaign that takes place each year in February. It is a great opportunity to celebrate Career and Technical Education and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across Nebraska and the U.S. Led by a variety of CTE groups and spearheaded by the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE), the month is organized around a tagline. CTE Month 2018, with its tagline of “Prepared Student. Great Futures.” gives you the chance to inform others of the innovation and excellence that exists within your local CTE programs and raise awareness of the crucial role that CTE plays in readying our students for careers and our nation for economic success.
State officers attended Governor Ricketts signing of the proclamation declaring February CTE month.
Nebraska Career Education is a system that:
- Emphasizes career development through career awareness, exploration and preparation
- Offers world-class secondary Career Technical Education Programs of Study that provide seamless transition to post-secondary education
- Promotes expanded learning opportunities for students through components such as Workplace Experiences and Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Supports professional development for school counselors, teachers and administrators
- Fosters essential partnerships that link CTE in schools and colleges with business and industry, workforce, economic development and government agencies