Special Education Financial Reporting System (SPEDFRS) 2021-2022 Opens: September 1, 2022
Public School Districts, Special Purpose Schools and ESUs
Special Education Financial Reporting System (SPEDFRS) for 2021-2022 opens September 1, 2022 and is due by October 31 @ midnight CDT.
Paraprofessional Exception expired in 2020-2021 for use of “5160” for SPED. SPED Paraprofessionals must use “5162” with the appropriate SPED SPI Code “7”, “S” and “I”.
This submission generates payments for School Age Special Education and Transportation costs. This data collection is accessible through the NDE Portal. To obtain access to the collection, an activation code is required. This code can be obtained from your portal District Administrator. If the collection had previously been added to your Portal account, your current access will suffice.
- Special Education Reporting System (SPEDFRS) Presentation (PDF)
- User Manual: https://www.education.ne.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/SPEDFRS_UserManual.pdf
- Special Education (SPED) Reporting Information website for additional SPED information: https://www.education.ne.gov/fos/special-education-reporting-information/
- Annual Financial Report (AFR) – District Reporting https://www.education.ne.gov/fos/annual-financial-report-school-district/
- NDE Portal at https://portal.education.ne.gov/Site/DesktopDefault.aspx
Contact Information: Lori Adams (email@example.com)
NDE: IMPORTANT – Special Education Reporting System (SPEDFRS) – Paraprofessional Reporting for School Year 2021-2022
Required for 2021-2022 – SPED Paraprofessional SPI Code “7, S & I” with Position Assignment “5162”. SPED Paraprofessional staff need to be reported in both the CDC and NSSRS.
REMINDER: NSSRS Staffing Information deadline to make changes is June 30 of the school year. It is extremely important that Special Education Staffing Information be correct for SPEDFRS reporting and reimbursement.
2020-20201 SPEDFRS is available to see the NDE staffing adjustments resulting from inappropriate NSSRS SPI Code. Corrections to NSSRS for the current 2021-2022 year may be needed to ensure reimbursement for 2021-2022.
Below are the SPED (SPI) Indicators that must be used to be considered for reimbursement. Staff Type (Professional, Sign Language Interpreters and Paraprofessional) without the proper indicators will not save or upload into SPEDFRS.
SPED “SPI Code” and “Position Assignment” – Required for Professional Staff and Sign Language Interpreters – must be correctly coded in Staff Reporting to be eligible for reimbursement. Deadline to submit Staff Reporting Data for the current school year is June 15, audit window – June 30.
- “S” SPED School Age -State/Local Funds – (Report in SPEDFRS only)
- “I” SPED School Age Federal-IDEA, (Report in IDEA and SPEDFRS)
- “7” SPED Early Childhood Federal-IDEA/State/Local (Report in IDEA and SPEDFRS)
“Position assignments” for Supervision of Special Education should be coded as:
- 1110 Program Supervision, using the above SPI Codes
- 2323 Special Education Administrator/Director, using the above SPI Codes
- 2325 Supervisor/Director, using the above SPI Codes
- 2327 Coordinator, using the above SPI Codes
- 2329 Assistant Administrator, using the above SPI Codes
These codes will be applied to the 8% for Supervision costs and allows for clerical reimbursement costs.
If a SPED staff is split coded in Staff Reporting, separate entries are required in SPEDFRS with the…Read More › – NDE: IMPORTANT – Special Education Reporting System (SPEDFRS) – Paraprofessional Reporting for School Year 2021-2022
Contact Information: NDE Service Desk (ADVISERHelp@nebraskacloud.org)