Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Primary Objective: Integrate the effective use of technology in all state academic standards, not just technology standards.
~ Articulate the expectation that meeting the state standards requires the appropriate use of technology.
~ Demonstrate the effective use of technology to support specific standards through exemplars and resources.
~ Provide guidance on finding and/or developing high quality digital content.
The Future Ready Nebraska Council has developed several goals to guide the work of this gear in Nebraska. These goals are listed below and will be further developed in the Nebraska Digital Learning and Ed. Tech. plan which is currently under development.
- Review and revise school accreditation (Rule 10), as necessary to update for personalized teaching and learning.
- Provide opportunities for professional personalized educator learning and development using a statewide, coordinated, and collaborative reservoir of resources and find, define and share exemplars of digital teaching and learning.
- Integrate the effective use of technology in all state academic standards, not just technology standards.
- Create a system of equitable opportunities for access to online resources for all students in Nebraska.
- Districts are able to leverage technology and diverse learning resources to personalize the learning experience for each student.
- Expand teacher recommended & state investments in statewide digital content and learning resources.
- All students have access to qualified integration specialists who have the capacity to partner with classroom teachers to design and implement evidence-based curricula and assessments that integrate elements of deeper learning, critical thinking, information literacy, digital citizenship, creativity, innovation, and the active use of technology.