Please log onto your portal accounts and go to the “My Profile” tab and check to make sure your contact information (especially the email address) is up to date. It is very important to keep this information updated as the Department of Education uses the email address that is in the users’ Portal account to send vital information.
NDE Portal

Staff Reporting for 2022-2023 Still Open


The Staff Reporting 2022-2023 collection remains open.

The state statute requiring Public Districts and Nonpublic Systems to submit a Fall Personnel Report by September 15 has now passed.

Special Purpose Schools, Educational Service Units, Interim Programs (Rule 18), Public Districts and Nonpublic Systems should continue to report their Staff Reporting data through the Fall Collection period, which ends October 31st, 2022.

The Staff Reporting collection is located within the Student & Staff (NSSRS) tab of the portal. To add the collection to portal accounts, a new activation code is required every year and can be obtained from your portal District Administrator.

Staff Reporting instructions are available here. Options for submission are online entry and file upload. Changes can be found in Appendix A: Change Summary. 2 New Position Assignment Codes were added this year: 5190 – Substitute Teachers and 5330 – Activities/Athletic Coaches.

When completing the Staff Reporting collection, please ensure all staff email addresses are correct for those required. The NDE uses email addresses from Staff Reporting for communications to our Districts and Schools.

Additional Staff Reporting resources include:
August 10th Data Webinar presentation recording and PDF:

Contact Information: NDE Service Desk (

Teacher Recruitment Website

The Nebraska Department of Education has created a website to assist Nebraska’s schools with teacher recruitment. More content may be added to the website, so if school leaders have any ideas for additions that would be useful for teacher recruitment in Nebraska, please contact Dr. Kim Snyder at with your suggestions. Thank you.

Link to the recruitment website: