Two-Year Opportunity Grant 2024 Cohort
Nebraska Lottery Funded Grants
The most recent competition was conducted in the spring of 2022 and resulted in the award of sixteen grants totaling $1,158,991. Proposals were reviewed by external teams that made funding recommendations to the State Board of Education. Grant amounts ranged from $10,000-$227,720 plus contributions from 57 community partners to collaboratively deliver services. Grants have a two-year grant period of April 8, 2022 – June 30, 2024. After award, all grantees met with the 21st CCLC statewide evaluator to develop an agreed upon evaluation plan that included methods of monitoring and/or measuring the effectiveness of the proposed activities using 21st CCLC data collection regimens. These sixteen projects are providing an expanded learning opportunity club at over one hundred 21st CCLC sites across Nebraska. This programming provides additional hands-on learning and positive youth development experiences for students. Click on individual grants to view a project profile that includes an overview, list of sites, areas of focus and collaborating partners.
Grant recipients include:
- Beatrice Educational Foundation
- Bancroft-Rosalie Community Schools
- Collective for Youth – Esports (Omaha)
- Collective for Youth – Program Providers (Omaha)
- Future Kids
- Health Partners Initiative dba Partnership for a Healthy Lincoln
- Kearney Public Schools – Horseback Riding
- Kearney Public Schools – Outdoor Education
- Lee G. Simmons Wildlife Safari and Conservation Park
- Lincoln CLC/Lincoln Community Foundation – Nebraska Wesleyan and Blixt
- Lincoln CLC/Lincoln Community Foundation – 4-H
- Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum, Inc.
- North Platte Public Schools
- Ogallala Public Schools
- School District of Columbus Foundation, Inc.