Making Languages Our Business
For US employers the demand for foreign language skills is greater than ever before. Whether it is in the boardroom, in the field, with customers and partners, or on social media companies today are increasingly more likely to conduct business in a language other than English. Consequently, a command in multiple languages is a valuable asset for Nebraska students and employees—not only in boosting their marketability in the workplace, bus in helping them thrive in a global economy.
Participants will review data showing the demand for language skills at work, speak with career experts, and discuss how current programming does or does not prepare students for the workplace.
- Making Languages Our Business (Power Point file)
- Making Languages Our Business: Addressing Foreign Language Demand Among U.S. Employers (Link to report)
- Making Languages Our Business 11×17 poster (PDF file)
- World Languages in Careers with Nebraska Career and Technical Education Model Final (PDF file)
- Comparison of First and Second Language Acquisition (PDF file)
- Oral Proficiency Workplace Poster (PDF file)