State Board Agendas
Nebraska State Board of Education Meetings
The State Board maintains a permanent public record of the meeting in the Office of the Commissioner of Education, including meeting minutes, the original agenda and support materials, and copies of all materials distributed at the meeting.
Please contact Ryan Foor at (402) 471-5030 to request copies.
Meeting Notification, Agendas, and Support Materials
State Board Meeting Room
Live streaming will be available through the State Board of Education website.
Except for emergency items added at the time of the meeting, the agenda will not be changed less than 24 hours prior to the start of the meeting and any changes will be immediately posted on the website.
The Board will attempt to adhere to the sequence of the published agenda, but reserves the right to adjust the order of items if necessary and may elect to take action on any of the items listed.
If you need interpreter services or other reasonable accommodations, please contact the Nebraska Department of Education at (402) 471-5059 five (5) days prior to the meeting to coordinate arrangements.
An electronic version of the agenda and support materials are available on the State Board of Education’s Agenda page.
Nebraska Association of School Boards State Education Conference, November 15-17, 2017
A meeting of the Nebraska State Board of Education will be held on Thursday, November 16, 2017 from 9:45 am to 10:45 am at the LaVista Conference Center/Embassy Suites, 12520 Westport Parkway, LaVista, NE 68128, in room Dapper II & III. The purpose of this meeting is for members to present a concurrent session at the State Education Conference, co-sponsored by the Nebraska Association of School Boards and the Nebraska Association of School Administrators. The title of the session is, “Bridging Connections: A Conversation with the State Board of Education.” The session will proceed with the following format:
- Brief comments by Vice President John Witzel
- Introduction of Board Members
- Brief overview of the Strategic Vision and Direction by Ryan Foor, NDE
- The following questions posed by Ryan Foor to select Board Member panelists:
- How do the Strategic Plan and AQuESTT connect and guide the work of the board?
- As a new board member, how has the Strategic Plan been a useful tool in orienting you to your role as a board member?
- What have you found useful as a result of the changes in the board committee structure?
- What are some best practices for local board members in terms of structuring committees and connecting committees and the work of a board to the organization’s vision and strategic plan?
- Opportunity for question and answer from conference participants to individual board members