TSI/ATSI Virtual Learning Communities
Are you an educator in a TSI or ATSI school who wants to collaborate with other educators to improve instructional equity?
Are you interested in participating in an engaging, interactive learning community and using a continuous improvement process to improve student outcomes?
Please join us for the Learning Community series where you can:
- Engage with colleagues in a disciplined approach, drawing explicit connections between leading for equity and school improvement
- Participate with content experts who can help Learning Community members build knowledge, skills, and mindsets for implementing evidence-based practices for English learners, students with disabilities, and economically disadvantaged students
- Learn from the successes/setbacks of the broader community to develop a network for improvement between schools
- Collaborate through a team approach with local ownership
- Serve identified subgroups in the era of COVID-19
Learning Community participants will co-design NDE’s future support for an equity-focused approach to TSI and ATSI school improvement. Proposed topics, dates, and times are in the table below.
|Understanding Data||September 24, 2020||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Collecting and Organizing Data||October 15, 2020||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Analyzing and Interpreting Data||November 19, 2020||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Identifying Actions Steps||December 17, 2020||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Planning for Action Steps Implementation||January 21, 2021||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Piloting Action Steps||March 4, 2021||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Adjusting Action Steps||April 15, 2021||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Formalizing and Documenting Processes and Outcomes||May 13, 2021||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
If you have any questions about the Learning Community series, please contact:
- NDE: Shirley Vargas (email@example.com)
- R11CC: Tameka Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can use this link to identify if you will be joining the learning community with a team or individually and to ensure you get the zoom link for each session. Some examples of teams could be school-level teams, such as department/grade level teams, a combination of ESU/district and school level members, or other variations.
- July 29, 2020 Administrators’ Days NDE Day Video: https://youtu.be/0ACH-bj4isE
- Materials: https://ndeday.events.education.ne.gov/2020/07/08/moving-beyond-labels-differentiated-supports-for-designated-schools/
- ELP21 Standards
- Nebraska Content Standards
- ELP Standards Demo of Shift
- Collecting and Organizing Data
- Continuous Improvement ELPS 21
- Select one student profile and review the information about your student.
- Answer questions on the handout at the bottom of your Student page.
- Bring your ideas, questions, and thoughts to our next Lunch and Learn, November 4, 2020, 12-1 p.m. CST, to discuss further with colleagues across the state.
- Activity handout (pdf)
(Coming Soon) Elementary Guide YouTube Video – YouTube Video Time –
(Coming Soon) Secondary Guides YouTube Video – YouTube Video Time –
(Coming Soon) ESSA Presentation for R11CC session YouTube Video – YouTube Video Time –
(Coming Soon) What does levels of evidence mean YouTube Video – YouTube Video Time –