TSI/ATSI Virtual Learning Communities
Are you an educator in a TSI or ATSI school who wants to collaborate with other educators to improve instructional equity?
Are you interested in participating in an engaging, interactive learning community and using a continuous improvement process to improve student outcomes?
Please join us for the Learning Community series where you can:
- Engage with colleagues in a disciplined approach, drawing explicit connections between leading for equity and school improvement
- Participate with content experts who can help Learning Community members build knowledge, skills, and mindsets for implementing evidence-based practices for English learners, students with disabilities, and economically disadvantaged students
- Learn from the successes/setbacks of the broader community to develop a network for improvement between schools
- Collaborate through a team approach with local ownership
- Serve identified subgroups in the era of COVID-19
Learning Community participants will co-design NDE’s future support for an equity-focused approach to TSI and ATSI school improvement. Proposed topics, dates, and times are in the table below.
|Understanding Data (Kent Davis, McREL International)||September 24, 2020||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Collecting and Organizing Data (Jobi Lawrence, ELPA21)||October 15, 2020||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Interpreting Student Learning Data (Jobi Lawrence, ELPA21; Tameka Porter, Region 11 Comprehensive Center; Allyson Olson and Shirley Vargas, The Nebraska Department of Education)||November 19, 2020||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Foundations of Data Equity (Heather Krause, Datassist and the We All Count Project)||December 17, 2020||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
|How to Collect and Analyze Demographics with Equity (Heather Krause, Datassist and the We All Count Project)||January 21, 2021||3:30-:430 p.m.|
|Connecting “Evidence Based” in What Works Clearinghouse to ESSA “Tiers of Evidence” (Doug Van Dine, REL Central; Kristy Feden, NeMTSS; Lindsee Fryatt, NeMTSS)||March 4, 2021||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
|Incorporating the Use of Evidence-Based Resources in Policy and Practice (Kristy Feden, NeMTSS, Lindsee Fryatt, NeMTSS, Micki Charf, NDE)||April 15, 2021||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
|Hearing from the NDE (Shirley Vargas, Kirk Russell, Allyson Olson, and Kris Elmshaeuser, NDE)||May 13, 2021||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
If you have any questions about the Learning Community series, please contact:
- NDE: Shirley Vargas (email@example.com)
- R11CC: Tameka Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can use this link to identify if you will be joining the learning community with a team or individually and to ensure you get the zoom link for each session. Some examples of teams could be school-level teams, such as department/grade level teams, a combination of ESU/district and school level members, or other variations.
Webinar Recording September 2020 (YouTube)
Understanding Data PowerPoint (pdf)
LC2 Intersession Assignment Demographic Data Inventory (Please download to use)
Webinar Recording October 15, 2020
Lunch and Learn Summary November 4, 2020
Collecting and Organizing Data PowerPoint (pdf)
- ELP21 Standards
- Nebraska Content Standards
- ELP Standards Demo of Shift
- Collecting and Organizing Data
- Continuous Improvement ELPS 21
- Select one student profile and review the information about your student.
- Answer questions on the handout at the bottom of your Student page.
- Bring your ideas, questions, and thoughts to our next Lunch and Learn, November 4, 2020, 12-1 p.m. CST, to discuss further with colleagues across the state.
- Activity handout (pdf)