ED/Green Ribbon Schools
2017 Nebraska ED-GRS Timeline
- January 6: Nebraska applications completed on-line and supporting documents sent to email@example.com as a Word doc.
- February 1: States submit nominees.
- April 24 (Earth Day): ED announces honorees.
- July 19: ED hosts national recognition award ceremony.
Applications will be completed on-line. Applicants have the ability to edit applications after submission until the Jan. 6 deadline.
- 2016-2017 Nebraska District Application
- 2016-2017 Nebraska School Application
- 2016-2017 Nebraska Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) Application
- Public Information and Education Mini-Grant Awards (PIE Grants) http://nebraskaacademyofsciences.wildapricot.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1241623 –a potential funding source for initiatives fitting the Nebraska Environmental Trust Board Funding Categories in habitat, surface and ground water, waste management, air quality, and soil management.
- Video highlighting 2012 U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School King Science in Omaha, Nebraska
- Resources for schools provided by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Environmental Engagement in the Community class
- Presentation of the project done by UNL Environmental Engagement in the Community class to improve ED-GRS in Nebraska (full of great resources)
- GreenSchools Program from the Nebraska Public Power District: The GreenSchools Program is an environmental service-learning program that inspires students to take personal responsibility for improving the environment at their school, at home, and in their community. This is a great way to prepare your school to be a candidate for the ED/Green Ribbon Program as your school participates in five student led-investigations.