Bullying Resources for Students
Students play an important role in creating safe environments at school. Below you can find guidance and resources on how students can respond to bullying if they are a victim, perpetrator, or bystander.
Guidance for Students
- Acknowledge that it is not your fault.
- Communicate incidents of bullying with a trusted adult at school and at home.
- Document and report all incidents of bullying.
- Seek support with your friends.
- Avoid becoming involved in physical conflict as you could face discipline from your school.
- If you identify as LGBTQ+ and feel that seeking support may result in disclosure, seek support from a trusted adult at school and develop a plan together. Identify if there is a way that you can make a report anonymously.
- Recognize your behavior and identify why you are perpetrating bullying.
- Stop the behavior.
- If your behavior is due to stress or other factors, communicate with a trusted adult at school and identify resources.
- Popularity and being liked by others can be accomplished by being kind and being a leader.
- Recognize that bullying is a behavior, not a personality trait. You can change your behavior.
- Recognize bullying behaviors.
- Understand your schools policy and procedures.
- Don’t ignore it or join in.
- Report bullying behaviors to a trusted adult at school. If you are afraid of being targeted, ask to report the incidents anonymously.
- There is power in numbers, stand up.
- Be the victim’s friend, comfort them, or help them leave the situation.
- Be considerate of students with disabilities who may not report being a victim of bullying.
- Don’t assume someone else will help or report it.
The Trevor Project https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
Reporting Cyber-Bullying https://cyberbullying.org/report
Head Space https://www.headspace.com/
Pacer Kids https://pacerkidsagainstbullying.org/
Pacer Teens https://www.pacerteensagainstbullying.org/
Being There For Your Peers Training https://bit.ly/3FYfFv3
Anonymous Reporting https://www.safe2helpne.org/