Nebraska Afterschool Conference
September 28, 2018
Embassy Suites Conference Center
La Vista, Nebraska
The Get Connected 2018 Nebraska Afterschool Conference provides an opportunity to learn more about planning and implementing a quality afterschool or summer program. Sessions offered throughout the day target a variety of audiences including program leaders, program staff, teachers, school administrators, community partners, and others interested in afterschool and summer learning opportunities for children and youth.
Complete and submit the Individual Registration form. The conference registration fee is $55.00 per person and includes conference materials, luncheon, and refreshments. Once the Individual Registration form is completed and submitted, Carolyn Koch, ESU 7, will reply by email with an invoice for the registration fee. Checks should be made out to ESU 7 and mailed to Carolyn Koch. There will be an additional $10 processing fee if payments are not received by December 14, 2018.
If registering more than one individual, complete the Group Registration form. If names are not known at the time the registration form is completed, insert a place holder name (e.g., Staff #1, Staff #2). Email completed Group Registration form to Sherri Landis, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email Sherri Landis with attendee names once they are known.
An invoice will be emailed to the first person on the list for the amount owed ($55.00 per person). Checks should be made out to Educational Service Unit #7. Payments should be mailed to Carolyn Koch, ESU 7. There will be an additional $10 processing fee if payments are not received by December 14, 2018.
Educational Service Unit #7
Attn: Carolyn Koch
2657 44th Avenue
Columbus, NE 68601-5753
Federal Tax I.D. #47-0499223
Phone: 402.564.5753, Extension 1039
Presenter and Walk ‘N Talk Host Registration
Registration is FREE for confirmed presenters and one Walk ‘N Talk host per table. You will not be invoiced.
Name changes on registrations are allowed. Email Sherri Landis, email@example.com, with the updated information.
If space is available, registrations will be accepted the day of the conference. All registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited so register early! Registration fees are non-refundable.
We have reserved a block of rooms for the conference. You may make reservations by calling the Embassy at 402.331.7400 and requesting the NE Department of Education, Get Connected block. The group code is GC1.
You may use the following link to guarantee you receive the negotiated group rate.
The discounted group room rates are $129.00 (single and double), $139.00 (triple) $149.00 (quad) and will remain open until 8/26/18. After this date, any remaining guest rooms will be released back to the hotel to sell.
There are several other hotels within the vicinity. Please feel free to use any of them.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Reviewers are looking for sessions that assist program leaders and potential partners plan, communicate, collaborate and advocate to ensure program sustainability.
- IMPROVING FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT IN YOUR PROGRAM: Reviewers are looking for sessions that focus on strategies to increase active and meaningful family and community engagement to ensure the educational success of children and youth.
- ELO 101 FOR PARTNERS IN AFTERSCHOOL: Reviewers are looking for sessions that introduce community partners to school-based and community-powered, high quality afterschool and summer programs and help them understand the background and current trends in this exciting field.
- IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF YOUR PROGRAM: Reviewers are looking for sessions that target program leaders and staff interested in improving afterschool program quality.
- TAKE THESE IDEAS BACK TO YOUR PROGRAM: Reviewers are looking for sessions provide site coordinators and staff with strategies and activities that they can implement in their programs.