Adding Endorsements (Areas of Specialization)
APPLICATION PROCESS TO ADD AN ENDORSEMENT TO A REGULAR NEBRASKA EDUCATOR’S CERTIFICATE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Complete an online application located in the bottom left hand corner of our home page
- Pay the nonrefundable application fee indicated on the application.
- IF applying for the FULL endorsement, an institutional verification Form MUST be completed by the Certification Officer at the approved teacher education institution where the approved program was completed
- Forward OFFICIAL transcripts indicating the coursework completed for the approved program
- Effective September 1, 2015, Praxis Subject Assessments (formerly the Praxis II) will be required for those seeking an initial endorsement on a Nebraska certificate
- To Add a Provisional Endorsement, Fifty percent (50%) or more of the program must have already been completed in order to place the provisional endorsement on a valid regular Nebraska certificate; AND OFFICIAL transcripts of the coursework completed thus far, are also required. The Added PROVISIONAL Endorsement Form MUST be completed and signed by an authorized certification official of the teacher training institution where the program is being completed.The Provisional Endorsement is valid for three years expiring on August 31st of the third year following issuance. This endorsement is not renewable.
- To Add the “generic” Provisional Special Education Endorsement – Completion of at least six (6) semester hours in special education that is recognized by an approved teacher education institution is required. In addition to the Application for a Nebraska Educator’s Certificate and fee, submit the following: the SPED Added PROVISIONAL Endorsement Form signed by the Certification Officer at the approved teacher education institution where you will be completing a program in special education; the Affirmation of Eligibility form signed by you and the Superintendent of the employing school; and official transcripts indicating completion of at least six (6) semester hours in special education as described above.The “generic” Provisional Special Education endorsement is valid for one year expiring on August 31st of the year following issuance. This endorsement can be renewed twice by completing a minimum of nine semester hours of approved coursework.
Should questions or concerns arise regarding this process, please feel free to contact the Teacher Certification office at (402) 471-0739 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Teacher Certification Teacher Certification Home Page