Provisional Administrative Permit

The Provisional Administrative Permit may be issued to applicants who have completed at least 50 percent of an approved program for an endorsement as principal or completed 75 percent of an approved program for an endorsement as superintendent. A Provisional Administrative Permit is valid for administration only in the Nebraska school system requesting the issuance of the permit. A Provisional Administrative Permit expires August 31 in the second year following the year of issuance and cannot be renewed.

The requirements for a Provisional Administrative Permit include the following:

  1. An application and fee in the TEACH system  (Please note that registration for TEACH is required first; then an application can be submitted.)
  2. Fingerprints (required only if someone has lived outside of Nebraska in the past five years)
  3. Official Transcript(s)
  4. Qualify or hold a Nebraska Standard or Professional Teaching Certificate
  5. District Agreement Statement – Submit a written request for the issuance of such permit from the superintendent of schools or the governing body of the Nebraska school system in which the applicant intends to administer.
  6. Institutional Verification – This form is used to show that a program was completed. The form is sent electronically to Nebraska colleges and universities.
  7.  Courses Required for Completion – This form is used by the college or university to list the courses that are still needed for completion of the remaining requirements for the regular certificate. The form is sent electronically to Nebraska colleges and universities.
  8. Educator Certificate – A certificate is required only for those who have not been certified in Nebraska.
  9. Employment Verification – This form is required for those who have employment experience in a school district/system outside of Nebraska.
  10. Human Relations Training
  11. Special Education Training

Deficiencies (items that need to be completed before a regular certificate can be issued) that can be placed on a Provisional Administrative Permit may include the following:

  1. An Official Transcript showing the completion of an approved program.
  2. An Institutional Verification form signed by the college showing the completion of an approved administrative endorsement.
  3. Completion of a content test. For the most up-to-date list of tests accepted by Nebraska and for information on registration, visit the ETS website.

More information on how to send supporting documents can be found in the FAQ section of this website.

Coming soon!

A provisional administrative permit can not be renewed.

Updated May 17, 2023 9:46am