Questions, Comments, or Corrections? Let us know!

What Object Code should be used for therapy services such as Occupational or Physical Therapists provided by an ESU or provided by a private company or a hospital?

If the district is contracting for therapist services from an ESU (or another district), you would want to use Object Code 591 Services Purchased from Another School District or ESU.  If these services will be provided by a hospital or a private company, you would code it as Object Code 340 Other Professional Services.

What Object Codes should we use for costs related to students going on field trips?

Travel costs like fuel, bus driver wages, or anything else travel related should be Object Code 510 Student Transportation Services.

Any entry fees that are paid for this students would be Object Code 810 Dues and Fees.

What is difference between Object Code 21X Group Insurance and 28X Health Benefits?

Expenditures related to the district’s share of any group insurance would be coded in the 21X series of object codes.  For example: Health, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance.

Health Benefits coded under the 28X series would include district-paid expenditures as employee annual deductibles, EAP costs, Employer HSA contributions, in-lieu-of insurance payments and other health programs provided to employees.

We have a project that costs over $25,000 but the individual units of these items are less than $5000 each. How would we code this?

Since the units are valued at less than $5000, you would code them as Object Code 610 Supplies.