Enrollment Option Program
Sections 79-232 through 79-246 of the Nebraska Revised Statutes define the Enrollment Option Program and its limits.
- The statutes and other provisions regarding the Enrollment Option Program can be found in Rule 19
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Mileage Reimbursement Rates (for Enrollment Option transportation)
Application & Instructions
The Application for Student Transfer – Nebraska Enrollment Option Program is no longer a school year-specific form; therefore, the correct school year will need to be identified. The application & instructions dated May 2021 are the current documents.
Below is a link to download the “Application for Student Transfer – Nebraska Enrollment Option Program ” [NDE 25-010] and “Information for Completing the Enrollment Option Application Form.”
To locate the district name and district number of the option or resident school district, click on the following link: http://educdirsrc.education.ne.gov/.
- Next, click on “Quick Lists” button. On the next page (Quick Lists of Directory Information), scroll down to “PUBLIC DISTRICT AND SCHOOL INFORMATION.”
- Next, click on the “sorted by county/district number” link to access the list of public school districts. The district name and district number are referred to as “agency ID.”
When Section 1 has been completed, sign in the appropriate space and deliver or mail to the Option School District.
- Only use the current documents with the August 2021 revision date.
- The application is not a school year-specific form; therefore, the correct school year will need to be identified at the top of the application.
- Open Enrollment Option Students do not require an application be completed unless they complete the grades offered at their current building of attendance. See FAQs for further information.
Important Filing Information
- Earliest date for submitting applications for the next school year.
- Deadline for filing applications with the Option District without requiring Resident District approval in addition to the Option District’s approval.
- School boards may, by Board of Education policy, set deadlines later than March 15. When applications are submitted after the March 15 deadline, both school districts may, upon mutual agreement, waive deadlines.
- Final date for option district to respond to application.
The authorized official must indicate the date the application was accepted or rejected in Section 3 of the Application for Student Transfer.
- Michelle Cartwright: (402) 450-0867 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Lyons: (402) 450-1418 or email@example.com