Southwest Stuffed Potatoes
Recipe Courtesy of FOOD-HERO
Photo Courtesy of Harvest of the Month
- Local white or russet potatoes, 80 count size - 25 eachs
- Black beans, rinsed and drained - 4.5 lbs
- Salsa - 2.33 qts
- Sweet corn kernels - 3.875 lbs
- Reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (or a blend of cheddar and mozzarella) - 3 lbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Scrub and wash the potatoes. Place potatoes on the prepared sheet pan and spray
each potato lightly with pan-release spray. Turn the potatoes over and lightly spray the
other side. Poke the top of each potato with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in the preheated 400°F for about 40-60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender
through the center.
- Meanwhile, combine the black beans, salsa, and corn.
- Cut the cooked potatoes lengthwise in half and arrange them cut-side-up on the sheet
pans. Flatten each potato with a fork. Place ½ cup of the black bean, corn and salsa
mixture on the center of each flattened potato. Top with ¼ cup (1 ounce) of the
- Return to the preheated 400°F oven for about 10 minutes. Critical Control Point: Heat to
165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
Critical Control Point: Hold for hot service at 135°F or higher.
50 servings makes 19 lbs
Meal Pattern Contribution