Rock and Roll Beef Wraps
- Ground beef (80% lean) - 8 1/2 lbs
- Water - 3 qts
- Uncooked quinoa - 1 qt
- Dry ranch dressing mix - 1/2 cup
- Black pepper - 1 Tbsp
- Packaged cabbage coleslaw or broccoli slaw - 4 lbs
- Large whole wheat or spinach tortillas (10 to 13 inch diameter) *Other serving suggestions (see Notes) - 25 eachs
- Sliced or chopped red apples, sliced or chopped red bell peppers, sliced or chopped cucumbers, sliced toasted almonds, chow mein noodles (As needed) -
1. Brown ground beef, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally until internal temperature is 160°F*. Remove drippings.
*Cooking instructions are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
2. Stir in water, quinoa, dry ranch mix and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook, covered, until quinoa is tender, stirring occasionally. (Not all liquid will be absorbed.)
3. Add slaw; increase heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, until slaw is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F for 15 seconds.
Critical Control Point: Hold hot for service at 135°F for up to 2 hours.
4. Portion 1-1/2 cups (three #8 scoops) beef mixture onto 1 large tortilla. Add toppings, as desired. Fold over sides of tortilla and roll-up to enclose filling. Cut wrap diagonally in half for two servings.
• Wraps can also be prepared using small whole wheat or spinach tortillas (6 to 7 inch diameter). Portion 3/4 cups (three #16 scoops) beef mixture onto 1 small tortilla per serving. Add toppings, as desired. Roll-up.
• Wraps can also be prepared using Romaine lettuce leaves. Divide 3/4 cup (three #16 scoops) beef mixture between 2 small lettuce leaves per serving. Add toppings, as desired. Roll-up.