Recipe Courtesy of Sutton Public Schools
Photo Courtesy of Harvest of the Month
- Carrots, 1/4” slices - 3 lbs
- Sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed 1” - 3 lbs
- Local butternut squash, peeled, cubed 1/2” - 3 lbs
- Red onions, diced - 1 lb
- Olive oil - 2/3 cups
- Sea salt - 2 tsps
- Green apples, peeled, cubed 1/2” *Note: Place apples in a bowl of water with a squirt of lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Drain when ready to use. - 4 lbs
- Fresh thyme, finely chopped - 3 Tbsps
- Fresh oregano, finely chopped - 3 Tbsps
- Fresh sage, finely chopped - 3 Tbsps
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped - 2 Tbsps
- Minced garlic - 2 1/3 Tbsps
- Maple syrup - 5 Tbsps
- Spinach, coarsely chopped - 11 ozs
- Dried cranberries, finely chopped - 1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place carrots in a perforated steam table pan (12” x 20” x 2½”). Cover and steam for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Toss carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and onions with the oil and salt. Line sheet pan (18” x 26” x 1”) with parchment paper and spray with pan release spray. Spread vegetables evenly on sheet pan. (For 50 servings, use 4 pans. For 100 servings, use 8 pans.)
- Roast uncovered until tender and slightly browned. Turn vegetables midway through cooking. Conventional oven: 425°F for 25 minutes. Convection oven: 425°F for 18 minutes.
- Combine apples, thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, and garlic.
- Remove vegetables from oven, lower heat to 400°F. Add apple mixture to vegetables. Spread evenly. Roast uncovered until slightly tender: Conventional oven, 400°F for 15 minutes; Convection oven, 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove vegetable/apple mixture from oven. Transfer to a steam table pan (12” x 20” x 2½”) lightly coated with pan release spray. (For 50 servings use 2 pans. For 100 servings, use 4 pans.)
- Drizzle with maple syrup and toss to coat. Roast until tender: Conventional oven: 400°F for 8 minutes. Convection oven: 400°F for 5 minutes. Critical Control Point: Heat to 135°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Remove vegetable/apple mixture from oven and gently toss in spinach. Mix in cranberries and serve.
- Portion with 4 oz spoodle or No. 8 scoop (½ cup).
Critical Control Point: Hold for hot service at 135°F or higher.
50 servings makes 18 lbs
4 oz spoodle
Meal Pattern Contribution