Nebraska Agricultural Educators Association
The Nebraska Agricultural Educators Association…the professional choice! The NAEA is the state affiliate of the National Association of Agricultural Educators, or the NAAE. Professional development, lobbying support, social networking, and field advancement are all benefits provided by the NAEA to its members. Check out the links to the left for more information about the NAEA and its programming.
Contact us to get more information about NAEA or to join!
NAEA Executive Director
110 N. Vermont
Cortland, NE 68331
Agricultural educators who had formed state associations for agricultural educators organized the National Vocational Agricultural Teachers’ Association (NVATA) in 1948 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 1997 at the annual NVATA convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, the name of the organization was changed to the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE). The NAAE is a federation of 50 state agricultural educators associations. The governing body of the organization consists of a board of directors with a president, president elect, and six regional vice presidents. Today, more than 7,600 agricultural educators are members of the NAAE.
NAAE seeks to advance agricultural education and promote the professional interests and growth of agriculture teachers as well as recruit and prepare students who have a desire to teach agriculture.
The organization is dedicated to developing professional pride, to nourishing a spirit of unity among classroom teachers and to recognizing members for conducting outstanding programs.
It monitors governmental affairs affecting agricultural education and assists in the development of priorities and strategies to effect federal legislation and appropriations (from NAAE website).
The basic purposes of the Nebraska Agricultural Educators Association is to provide professional support for the everyday agricultural educator! Specifically, NAEA purposes, as defined by the NAEA Bylaws, are:
- To assume and maintain an active leadership in the promotion and furtherance of Agricultural Education,
- To bring together all of the agricultural instructors through membership in a state association devoted exclusively to their interests,
- To provide an opportunity for agricultural instructors to discuss all problems effecting Agricultural Education on the state level,
- To serve local Associations of agricultural instructors in the solution of any problems, which they may have,
- To cooperate with the National Association of Agricultural Educators, Inc. (NAAE), the Association for Career and Technical Education of Nebraska (ACTEN) and the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) in furthering the cause of all Vocational Education,
- To communicate and cooperate with those organizations and individuals having as their objective the improvement of the status of the Agricultural Education Instructors and to enlist their aid in the furtherance of these purposes,
- To inform by publication of the needs in the field of Agricultural Education and the possibilities of progress to be made therein,
- To receive property by devise or bequest, and otherwise acquire and hold all types of property,
- To act as trustee under incidental to the principal objects of the corporation, and to receive, hold and administer and expand funds and property subject to such trust,
- To convey, exchange, lease mortgage, encumber and transfer upon trust, or otherwise dispose of all property, real of personal,
- To borrow money, contract debts and issue bonds and votes, and secure payment of performance of its obligations, and,
- To make contracts and to do all other acts necessary or expedient for the administration of the affairs and attainment of the purposes of the corporation.
Honor yourself or nominate others….it’s just that simple! The short form of the NAEA Award Application makes applying for awards quick and easy!
State applications are due April 15! (Dates have been corrected in the applications.)
Contact Brent Nollette, Awards Chair, for more information.
Award applications/materials should be mailed to:
NAEA Past President
Valentine Public Schools
431 North Green Street, PO Box 90
Valentine, NE 69201-1845