What if I need legal advice?

The Nebraska Department of Education is unable to provide any legal advice. No employee nor an attorney for the Department can provide you legal advice. You may contact the Nebraska Bar Association for a referral for an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, your individual county may provide self-help or the Nebraska Judicial Branch also provides self-help resources. You may also contact Legal Aid of Nebraska to see if they can provide assistance.