Exempt School [Home School] Program
Parents (or legal guardians) may educate their child at home by electing not to meet State approval or accreditation requirements (Section 79-1601 R.R.S.). In Nebraska, “home schools” are referred to as exempt schools and are considered non-approved or non-accredited schools. By filing for and receiving exempt status, parents are electing not to have their child attend a school that meets State approval and accreditation requirements while also complying with the mandatory school attendance law (Section 79-201 R.R.S.).
- Rule 13 is the rule governing the procedures and standards for parents (or legal guardians) filing for an exemption.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Resources (private parent support organizations)
2021/22 School Year (as of July 16, 2021)
- Beth Bolte: (402) 471-2795 or email@example.com
- Micki Iverson: (402) 471-1894 or firstname.lastname@example.org