School District Budgeting – What to File
Checklist of Information to File
By September 20th submit the following documents to the Agencies listed:
NDE – Upload below documents through the NDE Portal: (mailed or emailed documents will not be accepted)
- Upload School Budget (excel) document and complete steps to District approval
- Combine the following documents into a single PDF document and upload into the LC-2
- Budget document (all pages)
- Copies of all Certification of Taxable Value
- Board Minutes showing approval of District Budget
- Proof of Publication for Notice of Budget Hearing and Notice of Special Hearing to Set Tax Request
- Election Ballot and Certified Election Results if a special election succeeded to override the levy limits
Auditor of Public Accounts: (PDF documents may be uploaded through website or mailed documents will be accepted)
- Budget Form
- Page 2, Total Resources Available (Column 4) agrees to Total Requirements (Column 9).
- Page 2, Total Beginning Balance (Column 1) agrees to Page 3 Total Ending Balance (Column 8).
- Page 3, Total Beginning Balance (Column 1) agrees to Page 4 Total Ending Balance (Column 8).
- Page 4, Total Beginning Balance (Column 1) agrees to the prior School District Budget Form, Page 4, Total Ending Balance (Column 8). If it does not agree, please provide explanation.
- Schedule B, shows the District is in compliance with State Statutes
- Proof of Publication for Notice of Budget Hearing (NBH).
- Schedules A, B, and D
- Certificate of Valuation(s). Total Certified Valuation was completed on Page 1.
- Lid Computation Form LC-2 and the Special Grant Fund List completed and submitted
- Interlocal form if district checked yes box to having any Joint Public Agency & Interlocal Agreements
- Election Ballot and Certified Election Results for the special election to override the levy limits.
- Email or send through the mail the same documents as listed for the Auditor of Public Accounts
- Michelle Cartwright: (402) 450-0867 or email@example.com
- Janice Eret: (402) 540-0649 or firstname.lastname@example.org