Computer Science and Technology
The Communications and Information Systems Cluster:
- Emphasizes career development through career awareness, exploration and preparation
- Offers world-class secondary Career Technical Education Programs of Study that provide seamless transition to post-secondary education
- Promotes expanded learning opportunities for students through components such as Workplace Experiences and Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Supports professional development for school counselors, teachers and administrators
- Fosters essential partnerships that link CTE in schools and colleges with business and industry, workforce, economic development and government agencies
Save the dates for our upcoming Business and Information Technology Fall Mini Conferences.
- September 13 – UNO Mammel Hall, Omaha
- October 16 and 17– ESU 10, Kearney
Registration Opens August 1, 2019 Click here to register!
Letter from the Commissioner – Computer Science (December 2018)
Computer Science State Plan:
The Nebraska Department of Education and key stakeholder are currently developing the Computer Science Education State Plan. The plan articulates the goals for computer science, strategies for accomplishing the goals, and timelines for carrying out the strategies. The anticipated completion date of CS Education State Plan is Fall 2019.