July, 27, 2018
ATTENTION ALL NDE PORTAL USERS:
Please log onto your portal accounts and go to the “My Profile” tab and check to make sure your contact information (especially the email address) is up to date. It is very important to keep this information updated as the Department of Education uses the email address that is in the users’ Portal account to send vital information. Thank you!!
ADVISER 2018-2019 Fall Work Days
Contact: NDE Helpdesk (888-285-0556 or ADVISERHelp@nebraskacloud.org)
ADVISER workdays have been scheduled for the 2018-2019 Fall collection. Please contact the ESU to register for these workdays. They are from 9 am – 3 pm and most ESU’s provide lunch. There will be no formal presentations at these workdays, they are scheduled to give you time to work on your data reporting with ESU and NDE staff onsite to assist. We strongly suggest that you attend a workday. You may go to any ESU that works best for your schedule.
|ESU 4 – Auburn||September 11||Tuesday|
|ESU 6 – Milford@SCC Dunlap Center||September 17||Monday|
|ESU 5 – Beatrice||September 20||Thursday|
|ESU 9 – Hastings||September 24||Monday|
|ESU 10 – Kearney||September 27||Thursday|
|ESU 11 – Holdrege||September 28||Friday|
|ESU 2 – Fremont||September 28||Friday|
|ESU 15 – Trenton||October 1||Monday|
|ESU 16 – North Platte||October 2||Tuesday|
|ESU7 – Columbus||October 2||Tuesday|
|ESU 16 – Ogallala||October 3||Wednesday|
|ESU 13 – Scottsbluff||October 4||Thursday|
|ESU 1 – Wakefield||October 8||Monday|
|ESU 8 – Neligh||October 9||Tuesday|
|ESU 4 – Auburn||October 11||Thursday|
|ESU 17 – Ainsworth||October 11||Thursday|
|ESU3 – Papillion||October 16||Tuesday|
|ESU 5 – Beatrice||October 18||Thursday|
|ESU 2 – Fremont||October 19||Friday|
|ESU 6 – Milford@SCC Dunlap Center||October 22||Monday|
Time & Effort Logs for Federal Grants (ESSA, IDEA, & CTE)
Contact: Shane Rhian (402-471-4313 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
All staff paid with Federal grants through NDE must complete an acceptable time and effort log to adequately document the allocation of their salaries and benefits to that grant. NDE Grants Management Staff will be requesting copies of time and effort logs when reviewing final reimbursement request for 2017-18 grants in the Grants Management System. Please refer to the NDE State and Federal Grants Management Guidance (beginning on page 41) and sample logs at the following link: https://www.education.ne.gov/federalprograms/time-and-effort-reporting/.
Accredited Schools (Rule 10) – Notice of Change in Assurance Statement and Fall Mailing Protocols for 2018-2019 School Year
Contact: Kris Gottula (402-471-2444 or email@example.com)
Please note the following two changes to protocols in the Accountability, Accreditation, and Program Approval Office:
- In the online Assurance Statement, public school district administrators will be asked to check “Yes” or “No” for each Rule 10 item in the statement, indicating compliance or non-compliance. This is different from years past when a single checkmark indicated compliance with all items in the statement.
- In the past, public school district superintendents have received a Fall Mailing packet from the NDE Accreditation Office which has included a copy of Rule 10 and supporting documents. This year, superintendents will receive a letter and an email, both of which will include links to the NDE website, where Rule 10 and supporting documents can be found. If you have difficulties accessing the documents on the NDE website, please contact Kris Gottula to request that printed documents be mailed to you.
District Curriculum Contacts – OPEN: August 1 – DUE DATE: September 15
Contact: Cory Epler (402-471-3240 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Using the District Contact Information form, located under the “Data Collections” tab in the NDE Portal, select Curriculum Contact to provide contact information for the elementary, middle, and high school curriculum contact. These individuals will become the primary contact for information related to standards, instruction, and instructional materials (curriculum, interventions, etc.).
Curriculum Contacts are those individuals that have an understanding of curricula/instructional materials being used by the school district, coordinate curricula/instructional materials selection processes for the school district, and ultimately have responsibility for the implementation of curricula/instructional materials being used.
New Superintendents – 2018-2019 School Year
Contact: NDE Helpdesk (888-285-0556 or email@example.com)
If your district/system has a new Superintendent for the 2018-2019 School Year, please have them:
- Register for an NDE Portal account if they do not already have an account. If they already have an account with another district, this account can follow them to their new position.
- If they are needing to create an NDE Portal account, they will use the blue Register link on the left-hand side of the Home Page of the Portal and select their own Login ID & Password.
- Once the account has been created or to modify their current account, they will need to contact the NDE Helpdesk to get set up on the Portal as the new District Administrator for your district/system.
The exiting Superintendent/District Administrator will need to:
- Remove their access to the collections for the district they are leaving. This is done under the Edit/Remove link to the left of each collection they have access to in their Portal account.
- They will also need to remove the District Administrator activation code from their account under the “My Profile” Please contact the NDE Helpdesk if assistance is required for any of these steps.
2018-2019 SPED Planning Region Team (PRT) Grant – DUE DATE: August 1
Contact: Cole Johnson (402-471-4318 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The 2018-2019 SPED Planning Region Team (PRT) Grant application is open in the GMS and due to NDE August 1