Enrollment Option Program
Sections 79-232 through 79-246 of the Nebraska Revised Statutes define the Enrollment Option Program and its limits.
- The statutes and other provisions regarding the Enrollment Option Program can be found in Rule 19
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mileage Reimbursement Rates (for Enrollment Option transportation)
Application & Instructions
The Application for Student Transfer - Nebraska Enrollment Option Program is no longer a school year-specific form; therefore, the correct school year will need to be identified. If you have old Applications for Student Transfer forms on file, please dispose of them and begin using the Enrollment Option application form with the revised date of May 29, 2012.
Below is a link to download the "Application for Student Transfer - Nebraska Enrollment Option Program " [NDE 25-010] and "Information for Completing the Enrollment Option Application Form" (instructions). These are legal-size documents in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format. On the Application Form, select fields in "Section 1" may be completed on the computer using Adobe Reader Version 7. Check "Highlight Fields" to determine which fields may be completed online.
To locate the district name and district number of the option or resident school district, click on the following link: http://educdirsrc.education.ne.gov/.
- Next, click on “Quick Lists” button. On the next page (Quick Lists of Directory Information), scroll down to "PUBLIC DISTRICT AND SCHOOL INFORMATION."
- Next, click on the “sorted by county/district number” link to access the list of public school districts. The district name and district number are referred to as "agency ID."
When Section 1 has been completed, print the entire document, sign in the appropriate space and mail to the Option School District.
- Application and Instructions
- Note - the application is no longer a school year-specific form; therefore, the correct school year will need to be identified at the top of the form.
Important Filing InformationSeptember 1 - Earliest date for submitting applications for the next school year.
March 15 - Deadline for filing applications unless a waiver of dates is granted.
School boards may, by Board of Education policy, set deadlines later than March 15. When applications are submitted after the March 15 deadline, both school districts may, upon mutual agreement, waive deadlines.
April 1 - Final date for option district to respond to application.
The authorized official must indicate the date the application was accepted or rejected in Section 3 of the Application for Student Transfer.
For further information, refer to the Information for Completing the Enrollment Option Application Form
- Bryce Wilson: (402) 471-3323 or email@example.com
- Russ Inbody: (402) 471-4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org