An Advisory Council is a small group of people representative of the population you serve. The purpose of the committee is to help set program goals, provide support, offer advice, review activities and advocate for the school counseling program within the community. The committee provides a two-way system of communication between the school and community which is essential to all educational programs.
Advisory Council Criteria
- Advisory Council is chaired by School Counseling Director or Department Leader.
- The Advisory Council is organized, has scheduled meetings and identifies tasks.
- The Council has appropriate representative membership.
- Meet at least 2 times per year to keep current and involved.
- Council reviews school counseling program audit.
- Council reviews program results reports.
- Council makes recomendations based on data.
Suggested Members May Include:
- School Board Member
- Business Person
- Mental Health Counselor
- Family Services Agency Member
- Community Leader